Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

New 2011 Electric Jump Plane

Just thought I would try to jump start this forum with some pictures of the new 2011 Jump Plane. It is a Kadet Senior with heavy modifications, which consist of extended wing, tail dragger landing gear, electric conversion, real time telemetry, and a few other things.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cz80140.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	372.6 KB 
ID:	1578121   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gb88369.jpg 
Size:	432.8 KB 
ID:	1578122   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ch96739.jpg 
Size:	432.5 KB 
ID:	1578123  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: New 2011 Electric Jump Plane

Looks real nice Dave. And no oil on divers, that's good! Those ailerons are HUGE... no drop boxes installed yet? How many divers will it be able to take up at once? My Sr. Tele with a Magnum .91FS struggles withone Ultimate Diver under the gear.
    Get some pics of it in action once the weather cooperates.

Mark

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks, the drop box is built into the fuselage. It will haul one ultimate up with no problrm. The electric motor in it is equivalent to a 110 two stroke nitro motor. It's running on 6S 5000 mah pack. It is also setup to carry a video camera so we should get video of the divers leaving the plane. Weather should start turning here soon so we can get out to do some skydiving.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

very nice plane for the job. we like to see the close-up of the drop box built in if you will thanks..
    A video of divers deployed and jumping down would be super nice.. we waiting for it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here are some pictures of the underneath of the Kadet. The cavity in front of the landing gear is for the speed control and battery pack. The cavity aft of the landing gear is for the diver. We can fit either one 6 cell pack or 2 three cell packs from end to end the way this is setup. We did this purposely to provide plenty of air flow over the motor, speed control, and battery.

We got a chance to maiden the plane the other night. The plane takes off at below half throttle and will go vertical, picking up speed, at wide open. Not bad for an 8 lb airplane on electric! Next time out we are taking the brand new Hangtime Ultimate Golden Knight we have, complete with internal flag drop on command.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qo40203.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	1579757   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mi22235.jpg 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	1579758