Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

drop plane help

hey guys I am building the wing for my super flying king. I am putting in hard points on the wing to carry up to four RC Skydivers. I dont know of anyone with skydivers or even have one myself (YET) so I have some questions.

How much space needs to be between mounting points (centerline to centerline) to be sure they clear eachother. I dont know if it matters or not but would just two 4-40 bolts into the main spar be enough to hold an RC skydiver drop box?

Lastly, how are other people managing the drop boxes servo leads going into the fuselage/wing? I was thinking of making a plug or something on the bottom of the wing into which the servos could plug into when the drop boxes are mounted.
    Chris Moore
    AMA 497715

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: drop plane help

Last 2 questions -I think both will work just fine and neet idea on the plugins on the wing -Nice plane thats a liftin bugger and should have no problems lifting 4 divers as they weigh around 3lb each
    Owner of -rcskyjumper
    Chutes and jumpers and suport items

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: drop plane help

ORIGINAL: cmoore806

hey guys I am building the wing for my super flying king. I am putting in hard points on the wing to carry up to four RC Skydivers. I dont know of anyone with skydivers or even have one myself (YET) so I have some questions.

How much space needs to be between mounting points (centerline to centerline) to be sure they clear eachother. I dont know if it matters or not but would just two 4-40 bolts into the main spar be enough to hold an RC skydiver drop box?

Lastly, how are other people managing the drop boxes servo leads going into the fuselage/wing? I was thinking of making a plug or something on the bottom of the wing into which the servos could plug into when the drop boxes are mounted.
    We keep our boxs about 15" apart, our Hangtime arms are pretty wide so I would think that would accomidate any "standard" size skydiver.

We use 4 - 4-40 bolts to hold each box, this just keep it rigid on the plane at all times.

Yes the best way is to put outlets in the wing for the drop box to plug into, kinda like a charge cord. This keeps it neat and you could remove them if you want with no hassle.

Awesome airplane by the way, I think this is thee best plane on the market for skydivers. But it is a big plane and not everyone cares to mess with that big of plane.