Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

Low Posting Count

Old 01-22-2012, 04:36 PM
dmowery

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Posting Count

Looks like there is only a avg of one post a week on here for quite a while
lets have a count of who all is still jumping or building Chutes and jumpers - Cant generate any action if non of us are talking about what we do -OR is this a dying part of RC?
Old 01-22-2012, 04:38 PM
dmowery

Default RE: Low Posting Count

Im in
Still Building and have some more on line for spring jump in the area
Got a new jump plane ready -ST Telamaster with a Zenoah 26 gasser on the nose all ready for first test flight
3 new jumoers in area getting the finish touches on there jumpers will test drop fron gym cealing to check fall angle in couple weeks
Old 01-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Banzai55

Banzai here! Just finished w maintenence on my fleet of drop planes ... and Frank is building his fourth guy.
Frank is building some serious guys - machined arms w molded forearms-hands. We are anticipating
a good fun-fly season. Got plans for chest-cams, plane-cams and more. fun fun fun
Old 01-22-2012, 05:19 PM
R/C Skydiver
My Feedback: (3)

Crashed my 7 yr old Stinger jump plane in Dec. Have a new Stinger & will start work tomorrow to make it into a jump plane that will carry 3 Mike jumpers. Have a Skydiver Demo at a flyin in Apr to start off the year. At least 3 more demos before the flyin season is about over down here. A halo jump is now part of my demos using a well worn "Charly Jiumper". Made one good Halo jump and one bad one last year. That creates a little more excitement for the spectatorsand rc ers as well!.
Sorry I missed the Muncie Rally last year-bad economy got me!
I also have a Sr Telemaster rigged to drop one skydiver as a back up to the Stinger.

I'm ready for the new year!!!
Jim B.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:47 PM
dmowery

Great start -Thats 4 -waiting on the rest
Old 01-23-2012, 01:40 AM
broodwa

Hi, we are still producing skydivers here in South Africa and still going strong!!

Not to much modelling activity during our holiday season. Our fly-in season starts soon and we'll be doing demo's at most of them and at some of the major R/C Airshows around our country. We also found that the HALO jumps are very popular with the crowds with the demo jumps!! Busy also with a few new jumps planes, one of which is Scale Electric PC-6 with 3.2meter wingspan, that's about 10 feet wingspan!!

We were also recently appointed the SA distributor of Opale Paramodels, which is R/C Powered Paragliders and R/C Slope Roaring Paraglider Kits.

Exiting times ahead!!

Enjoy the jumping!!

Blue Skies!!
Old 01-23-2012, 01:42 AM
broodwa

Hi, we are still producing skydivers here in South Africa and still going strong!!

Not to much modelling activity during our holiday season. Our fly-in season starts soon and we'll be doing demo's at most of them and at some of the major R/C Airshows around our country. We also found that the HALO jumps are very popular with the crowds with the demo jumps!! Busy also with a few new jumps planes, one of which is Scale Electric PC-6 with 3.2meter wingspan, that's about 10 feet wingspan!!

We were also recently appointed the SA distributor of Opale Paramodels, which is R/C Powered Paragliders and R/C Slope Roaring Paraglider Kits.

Exiting times ahead!!

Enjoy the jumping!!

Blue Skies!!
Old 01-23-2012, 07:24 AM
dmowery

Up to 5
Old 01-23-2012, 07:43 PM
hy flyr
My Feedback: (27)

Skydivers rock! I bought one and he is so cool. I can't wait to drop him this summer. The only problem is the plane I was going to use is a gasser and I don't want my dude covered with exhaust! Now I gotta come up with an electric plane...I don't know shi...crap about electric planes. Guess I'll have to learn.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:54 AM
dmowery

6 now and still going there are at least 8 more in the us are they still jumping?
Old 01-27-2012, 10:49 AM
dmowery

Is this all that are still jumping-If so it is no wonder we cant get folks to go to a USAmajor meet -maby should have one right here in MN as seems mid of country and have area to do it in -also Hotals ,motals ,food and yes Margaretias

No body Jumping any more -Or just mad or peed off at someone even me /
Just wish to get some more interest on this site to help the sport -That is if we want the sport to grow or -forget it and let it die and each just jump at there own field and not talk to each other
Just my 2cents worth -

Other thoughts would be welcome
Old 01-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Banzai55

this is one of the few niches of rc that requires two people. Frank and I have been a team
because he is driven to get his guys to work well, and I am a gadget / plane nut. We keep
each other motivated. we are at present debating the merits of several planes as drop
planes from a reliability and carrying capacity standpoint. I love the spektrum telemetry,
plane cams, guy cams, etc. I do think that the activity is waaaay more fun when we are competing.
Everybody around here has seen the parachute guy but we still get appreciative applause at fun flys.
Some serious pub in Model Aviation, Fly RC, and MAN would really help.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:57 AM
dmowery

I sure have to agree on that Im the same here and have a pilot that is a grreat plane guy and we put our heads together for the new Tele with the Gasser on it for a new drop plane and hope to maiden it when the snow goes away here
I get ht e same all here like to see the drop but cant get to many to commet to it -I think I will spend a good amount of time at the Real Skydiving clube around here to stir more interest as we have 4 in close area-nice to jump at a show couple times at each but without getting more in to thwesport it almost not worth the time to do shows and recrute some real divers to get into it
Now if the shows paid us to come it would be dif but a lot want you to come and jump but nopthing for doing it and cost to do the travel and eat is getting to cost some -and no other jumpers to loaf around with makes for a long day
Thus some of my ramblin thoughts-I have 2 writers here in the area and maby I can get one to come and watch and maby do a
Story for the net or mag- will try this summer
Old 01-27-2012, 11:19 PM
GaryV
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello Don,

Well, l I have made a few drops already this year. I had intentions on getting my first drop on New Years Day, but my plane didn't want to cooperate.
As far as participation in events, I have been to;

CORKS field in OH 3 times (1998,2009, 2010)
Somerset KY 1 time (the only one they had)
New Albany IN 3 times, I think ( however many Wil had)
Muncie IN 1999-2011 (all they have had)

Don, how many Rally's have you been to?
Old 01-27-2012, 11:26 PM
GaryV

I haven't flown skydivers in many states though, only,
VA
WV
IN
SC
OH
Old 01-28-2012, 02:17 PM
dmowery

I have only be to the one in Muncie but there have only been 4 sence I got into this part of the sport 2 in Munciwe and 2 in Ohio
Time and economy is the reasion for not going more ,as we all know after 09 things gor bad and never got any better so that cut down on some extra travle money and as such all my jumping has been curtailed tothe 3 surronding states for some time
Wish it was diferant but dont know the answer
Old 01-28-2012, 11:46 PM
GaryV

I know what you mean, I try to make the Skydiver rallys since we have so few.
It's a 8 hour drive to Muncie for me that's getting close to the max. I would want to drive.
Not saying I would rule out one farther away, but I would have to think about it more.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:58 AM
lundy

Hi guys ,

Over here in Belgium it's not that different from the US ,we don't have a skydiving rally in 2012 ,we are luck that in Holland however the skydiver fire is burning higher ,they have planed several rally's in 2012 from were we hope to take some trophy home
The economic situation is hitting the EU hard now ,so we ( I can only speak for myself ) have to downsize on going to the German skydiving rally's, driving 300 or 400 mile is a costly thing with a fuel price of 7$ a gallon .

We are lucky that our Dutch friends invite us to their test and practice jumps they have almost every Saturday and Sunday, so we can keep the fingers flexible Thanks for that Girls and Guys !
The Dutch skydiving Girls are really good ,you have to watch them, they are real competition That's the real difference with the US, over here rc skydiving is a family thing .

Old 01-29-2012, 07:49 AM
dmowery

LUNDY
I like the idea of the family part -and getting some more ladies into the sport would ne nice -here in the US you dont see many ladies flying or around the fly fields most of the time they are selling food or handling a club party or something -You may have the right idea-and I dont think there is any RC Parchute clubs anywhere in the US like over in your part of the world ,wish they wer -Im still trying to get one set up here in the mid west associated with a rc club or a Regular sky diving club and looks like the reg skydiving clubs are getting to be the best choice
Hey for the record -I miss germany as I was stationed there for over 7 years and liked it -could travle everwhere and realey injoyed it
Later
Old 02-01-2012, 05:16 AM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are still here and business is just starting to pick up for the new year.

No dives yet this year for us even though I have done some flying.

The big thing for us this year is an airplane with autopilot so I can skydive by myself. This is the only way I can get more jumps in per year. So far so good on the experiment.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:47 AM
dmowery

WOW-Iv been playing aroung on that also -Im using the FMA co pilot and have it on a Sr Katet and have been using it fo 3 years on it and got the Idea last fall -keep in touch and I will to to se how things work out

As I dont fly ,I have my pilot working on doing it with me as a spoter and can take the jumper if needed -so far the plane works great on auto

Old 02-09-2012, 07:34 PM
zemkes_wolfpack
My Feedback: (5)

The weather has been great here in Northern Indiana so we have been taking full advantage. Dad and I have over 30 dives so far this year. There are 5 of us in the local club that regularly dive.

Looking forward to Muncie this year.

GaryV shoot me a PM with your contact info so that we can plan on meeting-up at Joe Nall.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:25 PM
GaryV

Hi Jim,

Glad you have been getting in some skydiving.

I have only dropped a couple of times this year.

Not sure if I'm camping all week or going down around Thursday. I'll let you know.

Sent you a PM

GaryV
Old 02-22-2012, 06:22 PM
zemkes_wolfpack
My Feedback: (5)

Gary,

Didn't get your PM. Shoot me an email at [email protected] with your contact info. Talk to you later. Thank You!!
Old 05-03-2012, 02:12 PM
pietermu

Still here. Having fun as always.
Trying to go to most SAMAA events in the upper parts of South Africa; Gauteng, Kwazulu Natal, Mpumalanga, Limpopo and North West Province.[8D]
Hopefully soon visit the rest down at Free State, Northern Cape, West Cape and East Cape where BROODWA and RLR/RiaanL stays.

Blue skies and Starry Nights..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.