Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C > R/C Sky Diving
Reload this Page >

Servo Size for Ultimate Diver...

Community
Search
Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

Servo Size for Ultimate Diver...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 11:52 AM
frankg11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Size for Ultimate Diver...

Hello,

I will be receiving an ultimate diver in a few days and I need to place an auxillary powersource and and smoke cartridge igniter system into the diver's body. I did pick up the recommended giant scale High Tech servos (HS805) however I am not sure I will have enough cavity space to place a aux powersource, and relay system.

Can someone recommend an alternative servo that would work well in this diver, that has a smaller form factor?

Thank you for your advice in advance.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:04 AM
goldenknight1
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Servo Size for Ultimate Diver...

Frankg11:
You need to get in touch with edge pilot and ask him about that. He is pretty well informed
on electrics and he is the one who sells the ultimut diver. Right now I believe he is in somerset ky. at a rc skydive rally and he could probaly give you the best advice on your problem. should
be back by monday.[8D]

BOB
fair winds and blue skies
Old 06-16-2007, 11:59 AM
frankg11

Bob,

Thanks for the feed back. I am going to set up the diver for night jumping. We are a bunch of crazies and technology guys up here in Microsoft land. We do a lot of night heli flying and thought it would be a great evening task to drop a diver from a heli at night

I will talk with Dave when he gets back.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:51 PM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Frank,

We use the big HS-805 servos for more reasons than just torque. The gear train in one of these servos is extremely brutal, and will eccept lots of abuse from bad landings. Yes you can use smaller servos, but they are ALOT more money, and the gear train is no were near as strong. We have use smoke canisters before on our jumpers, we ignite them before we leave the plane, then all the ignition equipment is inside the plane. There is some room to be made in the Ultimate Diver if you are creative and have a dremel tool or endmill.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:25 PM
frankg11

Dave,

Thanks for the update. I can't wait to get my diver, I actually have the 805's now, a 5 cell pack, and receiver, so the electronics are ready to go. I have also rigged an igniter system on the drop box, so I can run it that way if needed. I just have a technology buddy that wants to do it on the diver itself.

I will let you know how this all works out for my upcoming fun fly.