Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C > R/C Sky Diving
Reload this Page >

Sneak peak of the NEW paraplane!

Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

Sneak peak of the NEW paraplane!

Old 03-31-2007, 06:32 PM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sneak peak of the NEW paraplane!

Well, I realize this forum is skydiving, but I know there is alot of interest in paraplanes also here. Just wanted to release a few pictures hot off the press.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54685.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	653916   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75449.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	653917   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze87319.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	653918   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ys49223.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	653919   Click image for larger version

Name:	Al73110.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	653920   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yp93012.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	653921   Click image for larger version

Name:	Np17164.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	653922   Click image for larger version

Name:	Az88158.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	653923  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cb53698.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	653924  
Old 04-01-2007, 12:46 AM
Ucak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sneak peak of the NEW paraplane!

Dave,

That is too cool.. Next thing you know we will be dropping the small divers from your paraplanes!
Old 04-01-2007, 06:57 AM
broodwa

Hi Dave,

Looks Great!! How about some specs like wing span, weight, batteries and motor used.

Really like your colour scheme!
Old 04-01-2007, 07:46 AM
edge_pilot

Thanks guys. It's a nice addition to any collection of R/C gear.

Chute Span : 9cell 63"
Weight RTF: 27oz.
Motor: Himax 2816-0890
speed control: Castle Creation 25 amp
Prop: APC 10x7 SF

In the Standard, package everything above is included. The chute is ready to install and the cart is kinda a quick built theme. All holes are drilled, tapped, and most everything is cut to size for you. Comes with all hardware and a complete colored manual. As always we let you choose color schemes at no addition charge. Below is the only thing you will have to buy.

Battery: 1550 mah 3 cell LiPo
Servo: Hitec HS-225BB (1)
Receiver: Anything in the Mini series, we run DX-6
battery conn: any type of connectors you prefer
Transmitter: anything you prefer

We will be offering it without electronics and also RTF along with the package above.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:59 AM
spinbotz

Whoa.. that's awesome!!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 11:26 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Dave;

Are these limited to Wind limitations or flown only dead calm; what kind of performance can be expected in wind conditions; forward movement into the wind, etc; how do they climb, do they take off from a runway, how do they steer; I noticed they have only one servo; how does that control the steering; any chance of some close up photos of the vehicle, radio and servo installation; battery storage, etc. A lot of questions to consider for such a purchase.

Doug.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:08 PM
edge_pilot

Hey Doug,

All good questions, I will try to answer all.

1- Wind conditions: They do have a wind limitation of 10mph. The cart flys at 14mph top speed so you can do the math. I have found they are the most fun to fly around 5mph winds.

2- Performance in wind: They have great performance in winds to 10mph, after that you will notice getting blown around just as anything that weighs in under 2 lbs. Tight turns with some power on are about 20 feet in diameter, unless you stall the chute to do a swoopping turn, then it will turn in about 6 feet.

3- Climbout: Climbout from in flight is about 40 degrees with a little less than 3/4 throttle. Takeoff roll is about 25 feet with no wind at all, and of course much less with 5 mph breeze. Hand launch can be done also with one person, just fill the chute, turn the throttle on 1/2 way and let it go. No running, no tossing, just fill the chute and let go.

4- Control: They steer with one HS-225BB connected to a steering bar. The steering bar just amplifies the movement of the servo. We still pull down on the back of the chute to steer just as in the skydivers. Figure 8's can be accomplished in less than 50 feet.

5- radio and battery storage: The body is completely hollowed out from underneath. This leaves you all kinds of room for a speed control, receiver, and battery. We run the Max Amps 1550 3 cell pack with the best results, We actually flew the model in 12 to 14 mph winds with a 2100 3 cell pack. (i don't suggest this) The 2100 does increase speed of the cart some, and does handle more wind, but you loose extreme slow flight capability.

6- Over all flight performance: This paraplane is very simple to fly, however it does take alittle practice to master. For an r/c pilot this would consist of 15 minutes. To a novice maybe one day. The best flight can be acheved by throttle managment. Since the throttle is your elevator your turns need to consist of turning and throttle, the tighter the turns the more throttle you will need. Stall turns can be made with practice, and are alot of fun by the way. Once off the ground the whole flight can be made by only moving the throttle stick 5 clicks in either direction. When the engine is off the paraplane drops quickly for about 8 feet and then has a very nice glide angle, if your motor was to die it would land all on its own with no damage. You do need full throttle for takeoffs to get everything inflated and the cart to rotate under the canopy, once in the air full throttle is never needed again for any manuever.

All this said, I hope I answered your questions. I know it is a big purchase but you have to take in consideration what you get. The 9 cell, zero perosity chute is very high quality. The motor and speed control are Himax and Castle, definately the top of there game. Also the building is seriously reduced building time due to all the holes being drilled and taped for you. The steering bar is built and the graphics are installed. Basically put the screws in and hook things up and you are ready to fly. The kit is very durable, not indestructable but very durable. If you have any questions I didn't answer please feel free to ask.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:14 PM
goldenknight1
My Feedback: (1)

DAVE: That canopy looks fantastic, do you think it would be possible to rig scale man to it and make it a para glider, could you use one of your jumpers for the pilot. I hope you can help me with these questions. have some good hill sides to fly from and would like to try paragliding in 1/4 scale also.[8D]

bob
Old 04-05-2007, 03:30 PM
edge_pilot

Hey Bob,

I doubt that will work with the setup we have. For one I think you will need a chute that has high forward speed. If you are going to fly on the side of a hill, like slope soaring, the wind will be blowing for this to happen. I know ours flys at 14 mph, and I don't think that will be high enough for para sailing. We have thoughts in our mind of the same thing, but I think it's going to take a much thinner airfoil. Also when we made the para plane we had to drop alot of weight so it would fly correctly, that mite be another stumbling block with the para sail. We had thought once we got the para plane to fly good we could just take that technology and install a motor on the jumpers back and go flying. Well we dropped that idea after all the research and development we spent on the para plane. I just don't think it will work without a whole new man and chute combo.

All of my research and development is going to be spent on chutes this summer. I think that is were the hobby is lacking. Some chute have this good, some that good, I think with enough research we can make one good in all areas. Just takes alot of jumps, which takes lots of time. I want a big chute to fly like my Micro, then I will be happy.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:04 PM
goldenknight1
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: edge_pilot

Hey Bob,

I doubt that will work with the setup we have. For one I think you will need a chute that has high forward speed. If you are going to fly on the side of a hill, like slope soaring, the wind will be blowing for this to happen. I know ours flys at 14 mph, and I don't think that will be high enough for para sailing. We have thoughts in our mind of the same thing, but I think it's going to take a much thinner airfoil. Also when we made the para plane we had to drop alot of weight so it would fly correctly, that mite be another stumbling block with the para sail. We had thought once we got the para plane to fly good we could just take that technology and install a motor on the jumpers back and go flying. Well we dropped that idea after all the research and development we spent on the para plane. I just don't think it will work without a whole new man and chute combo.

All of my research and development is going to be spent on chutes this summer. I think that is were the hobby is lacking. Some chute have this good, some that good, I think with enough research we can make one good in all areas. Just takes alot of jumps, which takes lots of time. I want a big chute to fly like my Micro, then I will be happy.
Dave: Thanks for the quick reply to my question it still doesn't quell my desire to have a paraglider. I will talk with you when you get back from Toledo. And I will get with you at Sommerset.
bob
Old 04-16-2007, 04:36 AM
ggcrandall1

I just got home from the Weak Signals Show in Toledo. I met Dave there and got to see his new Paraplane. Very impressive. Good luck with it Dave.

Glen
Old 07-14-2007, 12:57 AM
arab1012000

pls watch.

Ruel ParaGlider:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67FD3geZ_4A

ne1 interested?
its for sale.
09192985829 philippines