Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C > R/C Sky Diving
Reload this Page >

Programming a 9z for SkyDiver..

Community
Search
Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

Programming a 9z for SkyDiver..

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 01:55 PM
frankg11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming a 9z for SkyDiver..

I recently received my Skydiver from RCSkydiver. While it is simple to assemble I am having problems programming my radio. I am using a 9ZWCII. While I understand the suggestion for using a rubber band to hold up the sticks, I find that this is a inelegant solution for such a powerful computer radio.

I have seen suggestions for using a V tail mix and operating the diver off the elevator, aileron stick and would like to utilize this option.

Is there anyone who has programmed the diver for this radio and can share programming details?

Thank you for your consideration.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:40 PM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Programming a 9z for SkyDiver..

I have a 9CAP Futaba Radio and I tried programing it so I wouldn't have to use the rubber bands to hold the sticks, but it just didn't work; the problem is that even with full travel on the servo from 0 to 100% and maximum End Point, the arms would not pull down far enough and the servos would not work as well, you really do need the servo to travel from -100% to %100, or full from one side to the next; I use Channel 4(rudder) for the Left Arm and Channel 1(aileron) for right arm and use the elastic method and my skydiver works great now. The one thing you have to do, is adjust the length of the pushrods so that when the arms are fully extended up they rest on the stops and not on the servo's endpoint, otherwise the servos bind/buzz, etc.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:51 PM
GaryV
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Frank,

I have not used the 9Z but it should be the same as dasintex described using the 9C.

I tried the V-tail set up but didn't like it because if you were getting close to landing and and was pulling the elev. stick back to flare and then needed to make a turn adjustment you couldn't unless you let off the elev. stick and aborted the flare.
I went back to the two stick method.

I also use the 9C, on one of my divers I leave the sticks centered because I have servos with 90 deg. of travel from Servocity.com

On the other diver I use the sticks pulled to center with rubber bands.

If you have hi-torque servos you may be able to leave the sticks unbanded and hook the linkages at the end of the servo arm and still have enough power to pull the chute down.

Just a few thoughts,

GaryV
Old 06-28-2007, 11:19 PM
frankg11

gentleman thank you and I have found that I can get very close by using elevon on the 9Z. working the limits, atv's end points etc, I can get very close. it's almost there, a bit more and maybe I will be golden.

We shall see and thank you for your suggestions.

Frank
Old 07-02-2007, 01:14 PM
frankg11

It looks like I am going to have to go with separate channels, shucks -- so much for a computer radio....