Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

R/C Skydiver Rally in Muncie

Old 08-12-2007, 08:46 PM
R/C Skydiver
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R/C Skydiver Rally in Muncie

HI Ya'll,

Who is going to the Rally on Sept 15-16, '07? The attached brochure, given to me at the Somerset Rally by Guy McIntire, gives all the details.

Mary and I will be there to have fun with all you R/C Skydivers from past years and also hope to meet some new competitors this year!!! Come on out for a good time. The competition will be fierce as I understand Jules and his wife Marion will be there from Belgium!!!

See You there!

Jim B.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33599.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	740975  
Old 08-12-2007, 09:14 PM
goldenknight1
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: R/C Skydiver Rally in Muncie

Jim:
This Bob in St Louis will be there and will also have Jaun Fernandez the N.W, Skydiver on board
and tell Jack Treadman that Pat will also be along for the ride. This event I will not miss will be
glad to see everybody there . It is a possibility that john from St Louis might also show so be prepared, will also bring my lift meister for jumping and Juan will be bringing his big telemaster.
lets have fun all the jumps be good ones.

Bob
fair winds and blue skies to all [8D]
Old 08-13-2007, 02:55 PM
lundy

Hi everyone,

We have the luck to go first to the German championship on 25 & 26 August , to practice for the Muncie Rally Jim !

Hope to arrive in Muncie Wednesday Sept 12
Will bring my Smokediver to Muncie , build a new one extra for the Rally .

Looking forward to meet everybody in Muncie .

See you, Marion & Jules
Old 08-14-2007, 11:02 PM
GaryV

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi,

Wes and I plan to arrive in Muncie between noon and 2:00PM on Friday.
We have reservations at Lees Inn.
Looking forward to seeing all of the past attendees and hopefully meeting some new ones.

My main goal for the rally is to finish ahead of Wes, because all I have heard since the Somerset rally is how he beat me.

Don't look for my Lift Meister at the rally, it has a new home now.

We are going to fly Wes's this week (maybe) with a ZDZ 80

GaryV
Old 08-15-2007, 01:57 PM
DiveBombDave

I plan on attending on the Saturday at least. My father now has a couple of dozen drops on my diver, and the electric LiftMeister is doing well and now has a downlinked video camera with full GPS onscreen data. I plan on building a Senior Telemaster with a pumped 1.20 glow Webra as a backup drop plane, hopefully will have it done by the time of the rally.

If I can't get the Sr TM built before the rally, does anyone have an open spot for my diver while I'm charging the LM?

Dave
Old 08-15-2007, 02:14 PM
goldenknight1

Dave:
This Bob in St. Louis will have my LM there you can ride on it, I lift two divers at one time think we can take care of you ride problem

BOB[8D][8D]
Old 08-15-2007, 09:32 PM
DiveBombDave

Bob,

Thanks; that's a big relief! I am ordering the TM SR tonight and it should be completed by next weekend, but you never know how these things go. I'm wanting to strip the covering and beef up the tail with lite ply sheet, as this will help offset the larger motor up front (rather than adding lead to the tail, and I'm looking at up to 8oz possibly). Wing bolt mod, among others, may run the build a little longer than I'm expecting.

I talked with my father this evening while jumping "Lucy".... I believe we will drive in Saturday morning and stay overnight (possibly at the "Lee's Inn"?) for some action on Sunday. I'm having a problem with her not making much headway (airspeed), and tonight I loosened her steering lines in case there was some flare, and I added some bellyweight (she's only 2lbs without lead, on a 4'x2' chute) and it seemed to help the problem slightly. I plan to experiment with her up to 3lbs before the rally.

Hey Bob, is that Juan Fernandez the same guy who made the plans for "Little Juan" the homemade skydiver? That's what I built mine from, if so, and that would be pretty cool.

Can somebody post the address of the flying field, or better yet directions to it?

Dave

edit - Thanks Jules!
Old 08-16-2007, 01:24 AM
lundy

Hi Dave ,

This link is giving the address and driving direction for the rally , at AMA headquarters in Muncie .

http://www.modelaircraft.org/maphotel.aspx

, Jules
Old 08-16-2007, 06:42 AM
JuanF

Dave,
Yep, that me that made the "Little Juan" plans. Looking forward to meeting you and "Lucy". You should have her weight up to at least 2.5 lbs. I have "Little Juan" up to that weight. If the wind is up around 10 MPH I add more weight until he weighs 3 lbs. See you there.
Juan
Old 08-16-2007, 07:14 PM
GaryV

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Dave,

No need to worry about a ride at Muncie, anybody at the rally will be ready and willing give you a lift as long as your diver will fit their drop box.

My drop plane I had at the Somerset rally is a SR TM fuse and I moved the rudder and elevator servos to the rear and used the GG for the Monocoupe wing and it has no weight added to the tail for balance with the DA 50.

GaryV
Old 08-17-2007, 12:21 PM
DiveBombDave

Juan,

Crazy to get to meet you. I stared at your PDF for weeks before building, and have been very happy with the result! Lucy has made about 30-40 freefall dives now without a single incident. I've been telling Lucy about Little Juan....

Gary,

Thanks for the offer for rides! My schedule is so wrecked that I am not sure I can complete the SR TM to my liking in the time before the rally. A DA50 on a Telemaster - sick! I was so star-struck at the Somerset rally (my first) that I didn't notice!

My father and I have decided to drive in on Friday and stay the duration. I saw where Gary made reservations at Lee's Inn - I saw the cluster of hotels on the AMA website around there. Is this the area/hotel everyone recommends (having never been there before, hold my hand guys). ?

Dave
Old 08-17-2007, 01:26 PM
R/C Skydiver

Dave;

Glad you will be coming in on Friday. A number of us will be staying in Lee's Inn where I stayed last year. It's a good motel and even has a pretty good free breakfast.

I have had 2 Telemasters for jump planes over the last few years. One had a Sato 150 and the other had a Sato 180. I beefed up the fuselage all over with 1/32 ply and also added about 1 1/2 In to the rudder to help control takeoff torque. It worked great! Lost the 1st TM after the tail broke off on a photo run with a steep turn pulling to many G's. Think I had a bad battery on the one with the 180 and lost it. They were good jump planes which could easily take 2 jumpers up---I even rigged the TM 180 to carry three but it was a bit too much weight.

Sorry about the email with no message. Hit the wrong button when attempting to email the Somerset video to a buddy. He has a friend from Atlanta who is building an electric Lift Meister.

See ya'll at Muncie!

Jim B.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:09 PM
DiveBombDave

Jim,

Thanks for the hotel info - I'll book at Lee's Inn. I was worried I would need to sheet the TM's tail at least, and wasn't going to do it from the start in order to get it in the air for the rally. If I set it up for 1 jumper I'm sure it won't need the extra sheeting, but I was hoping for more. I figured 3 jumpers (10lbs) would be a little much for the wing itself, without modifications. But now I'm leaning towards sheeting the fuse from the get-go....

Have your friend with the friend in Atlanta building the electric Liftmeister check out my build thread over at RCG: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692179. Another guy started building an electric as a trike in the same thread, with the same power setup as mine. There's another good video at https://www.dpcav.com/inspire/inspire_demo.htm where you can see how the electrical power system is performing onscreen.

I'll be using a new set of eyes for the rally - I'm having Lasik on Tuesday to correct my near-legal-blindness. I guess I'll "see" how it goes. har har....

Dave

Old 08-22-2007, 01:54 PM
John Sedovic

Hey guy's this oldkahuna I'm trying like all get out to to come to Muncie. The only problem that I am haveing is the fact that I am now on oxygen. But I do not require 100 % of the time, only when I am very active. Bob and everyone is staying at Super 8 So if anyone is staying there and has room please let me know. Haveing trouble finding sleeping quarters. Have a new jumper never been jumped VIRGIN. This should be Fun.

Let me Know ASAP,
[&o] John Sedovic aka oldkahuna [&o]
Old 08-22-2007, 08:04 PM
R/C Skydiver

Dave,

Thanks for the info about your threads on RCU. I'm sure they will be very usefull to the Atlanta guy.

Hope the Lasik will work well enough for you to see your jumpers!!! He, He. I'm having cataracks removed in Oct and another in Nov. so I can finally see the plane I'm flying!! It's tough getting old!

Jim
Old 08-24-2007, 09:46 AM
skydiver

Hi

Jules is tuning up for the Muncie Rally by attending the German Championships this weekend.

See you in three weeks

Paul

Photo was taken August 2004 Second place

Name:	Fd90974.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	748493  
Old 08-26-2007, 07:49 PM
DiveBombDave

As this will be my first rally where I actually have a diver, can someone either explain or link me to how the competition will be scored? I heard at the Somerset rally, "Left turns, Right turns, and free fall?" Points?

I am still fattening my diver with lead, have yet to fly her at 2lbs 9oz.

I miss the "pull the pants" comment... sniff. I was planning to go "commando."

Thanks in advance,
Dave
Old 08-26-2007, 08:25 PM
skydiver

Free fall, left/right 360's, hit the target. Best of X number of drops. Details are up to the Event CD and the McIntire's

I thought the pants comment might offend some sensitive souls. Haven't heard how Jules did this weekend. I made two drops today out of the OHA

Some photos attached.

Paul

Name:	Mk27253.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	750356   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36273.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	750357   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48933.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	750358  
Old 08-26-2007, 09:23 PM
goldenknight1

Pual:
Nice pictures of your new plane and skydiver really like the shot of plane with skydiver in a good stable free fall and pilot chute just starting to deploy canopy, I am really looking forward to this rally and meeting with everyone again.

BOB
fair winds and blue skies[8D][8D]
Old 08-27-2007, 10:12 AM
lundy

Just returned home from the German Championships .
The Weather was excellent ,sunny almost no wind , the flying site in a nice scenery.
(the famous German Wasserkupfe soring site just in a few miles distance )
The event was well intended .

My score ? 33 of 54
Round 1 : screwed up by me , hitting the brake to hard, result near mis of the circle , out [&o]
Round 2 : left arm failing , out (é"'((çÃ*)[&:]
Round 3 : finally in the target circle 171 cm
Round 4 : didn't make it to the circle , went out at the wrong place, out [:@]
Round 5 : in the target circle 109 cm
Round 6 : mid air collision ,
Round 6 bis :left arm failing again (result of the crash ?) OUT [&o]

In my last round I had a spectacular mid air skydiver collision with Till Kraus (Producer of ParaMax)
I went down with a full diploid chute in a continues right turn with the skydiver of Till Kraus hanging
on my feet ,landing just behind some trees with minor damage on the two skydivers .

1 : Rachner Alfred
2 : Schuler Roland
3 : Rogg Michael

21:Vaesen Theo

33:Malfliet Jules

"The pants comment " on my knees

Next time more luck .
We had lots of fun and thats the most important thing ....

See you in Muncie , Jules

Name:	Rn39565.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	750753   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz69578.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	750754   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hb80342.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	750755   Click image for larger version

Name:	Iz36803.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	750756   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51754.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	750757   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44475.jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	750758   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ag91315.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	750759   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wp40384.jpg
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	750760  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lw19979.jpg
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	750761   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90925.jpg
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	750762   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84755.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	750763   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50153.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	750764  
Old 08-27-2007, 01:53 PM
SkydiverBP

Hi !

I get the link to this forum from Paul. I'am a RC-skydiver from Germany. I had read some threads here in the forum and i think RC-skydiving is also popular like here in europe. That's good. Before the first visits from Paul here in Germany i didn't know that there are other skydviver out of europe in the world. I will take a look in the forum constant. Here in Germany it exist not a special forum for RC-skydiver.

I wish you all a lot of fun at the rally like we had at the last weekend at the German Championships ! For us in Germany the saison is now finished, but we looking forward to the new saison.

Best regards.
Thomas
Old 08-27-2007, 04:40 PM
skydiver

Hallo Thomas,

We have a P-51 Rally here in Columbus September 27-30 with many, many P-51's Supposed to be between 50 and 75.

Other WW-II aircraft are also expected. I have a place to stay if you want to spend some of those cheap Euros here.

The OHA is alive and well
Best regards - Paul

Name:	Ec87964.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	751081  
Old 08-28-2007, 02:38 AM
lundy

Hi Thomas ,

Welcome on the RCU Forum !
What a nice surprise to see you here .
Hope you arrived safe and sound home to Binzen like we did to Belgium .

See you next year on the first SkydivingRally of 2008 in Waldorf.

Holm und rippen bruch . Grube , Jules
Old 08-28-2007, 09:41 AM
DiveBombDave

ORIGINAL: lundy
Holm und rippen bruch . Grube , Jules
"Hold and rip pants." We're not dummies over here, fellas. We're prepared.

Dave
Old 08-28-2007, 11:11 AM
lundy

Sounds if I have to bring a extra pair with me !! Hi Hi

,Jules

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.