Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

New to RC Skydiving

Old 01-15-2008, 04:21 AM
RLR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to RC Skydiving

Hi
Maybe you have heard this alot. I know zip about building a chute and are looking for plans. I stay in South Africa and are not able to walk into a hobby shop to see what it should look like. Our hobby shops don't stock this.
I see a few different makes on the net, so what is the one to go for. I am building a diver from old plans(Charlie Evans) much like Juan's one and are wanting to to get the right chute for it. Sewing is not a problem and the meterial also available, I just need good plans. Can anybody please help.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:50 AM
JuanF

Default RE: New to RC Skydiving

I think you emailed me yesterday about the plans for an RC Parachute. I don't have any plans but you can contact Fanie (AKA: Broodwa), who lives in South Africa. He has a post on page 1 of the RC Skydiving Forum. Hope this helps you.
Juan
Old 01-15-2008, 03:21 PM
ennyka

From What I have read (the horror stories) on the forums I think it is best to buy the chute and diver already made together that way all the research and development has been done already as far as the size and design of the chute. I recently bought an ultimate diver from rcskydiving.com and the scale detail is amazing also the design. I know they make a smaller cheaper Micro diver also and they may even ship over not sure. I do not work for rc skyding just telling of my experience for the record. I have yet to drop him but am getting close just waiting on the right weather conditions here in the swamp.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:35 PM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello,

I agree you should buy a total package from sombody for your first skydiver. I hate to see people get discusted with the hobby because they try to design there own and have dirt dive after dirt dive. If you choose RCSkydiving we do ship around the world. I have several divers in South Africa already. I'm not sure of the dollar exchange rate but it will be worth the money no matter what. If you decide to build your own there is quite a few of us on here that can answer questions as you go along to maybe ease your pain alittle.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:38 PM
RLR

Thanks

Are all the chutes the same or are some more technical than others. The one that are used in competitions, are they all over available or is it just a few who make them.

Looks as if the trailing edge are closed. Is that correct.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:02 PM
RLR

Dave

I had a look at your site and everything looks nice.
Do you sell the canopy separate from the packages?
I am interested in the ultimate diver canopy.

Thanks
Old 01-16-2008, 11:20 AM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, we still sell the canopies seperate. I will email you tonight with all the details.