Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dropping from paragliders

Hey I am interested in RC Skydiving but not really into the big RC planes. Park flyers are too small too take an RC skydiver up.... but I do paraglide. Anyone ever dropped a rig from a paraglider? Would they benifet from a higher wing loading, I mean my adding weight? If you are using an RC plane you want the skydiver as light as possible. But from a paraglider its not so important. Just a few ideas.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Dropping from paragliders

I think you got some mis-information some were!

We have a skydiver package that only weighs 10 oz. when ready to fly. This skydiver can be dropped from parkflyers all day long. We carry up 2 and 3 at a time with a Mini Ultrastick.

Also, a skydiver leaving from an airplane is not super light. The skydiver needs enough weight to make the chute fly correctly. Most regular skydivers on the market weigh in the neigborhood of 2 to 3 lbs.

I'm sure you could drop one from a paraglider if you want. I have had customers drop them from full size Cessna's. By the way I do not reccommend this!!!

Remember we can take a 3 lb Ultimate diver up with a 60 size trainer. No need for the 1/4 scale airplanes. The guys that jump from bigger planes usually have them because they drop several divers at a time or because they were into big airplanes before they started to skydive.

If you need to know anything specific please feel free to ask.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the quick response! I never knew micro sydivers were out! Thats something to think about because I do like the small elec prak flyer. But would a standard RC skydiver still benifet from added weight and a higher wing loading?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Some people add weight to there diver if it is windy. Other than that the diver should weigh in at what is good for the type of chute. It all depends on how you want them to fly and how long you want to stay up.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cool thanks for the info, later on in the year I may order a setup from you!!

Pete