Community
Search
Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

Dropping from paragliders

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 12:32 AM
Shortbuss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropping from paragliders

Hey I am interested in RC Skydiving but not really into the big RC planes. Park flyers are too small too take an RC skydiver up.... but I do paraglide. Anyone ever dropped a rig from a paraglider? Would they benifet from a higher wing loading, I mean my adding weight? If you are using an RC plane you want the skydiver as light as possible. But from a paraglider its not so important. Just a few ideas.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:25 PM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dropping from paragliders

I think you got some mis-information some were!

We have a skydiver package that only weighs 10 oz. when ready to fly. This skydiver can be dropped from parkflyers all day long. We carry up 2 and 3 at a time with a Mini Ultrastick.

Also, a skydiver leaving from an airplane is not super light. The skydiver needs enough weight to make the chute fly correctly. Most regular skydivers on the market weigh in the neigborhood of 2 to 3 lbs.

I'm sure you could drop one from a paraglider if you want. I have had customers drop them from full size Cessna's. By the way I do not reccommend this!!!

Remember we can take a 3 lb Ultimate diver up with a 60 size trainer. No need for the 1/4 scale airplanes. The guys that jump from bigger planes usually have them because they drop several divers at a time or because they were into big airplanes before they started to skydive.

If you need to know anything specific please feel free to ask.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:29 AM
Shortbuss

Thanks for the quick response! I never knew micro sydivers were out! Thats something to think about because I do like the small elec prak flyer. But would a standard RC skydiver still benifet from added weight and a higher wing loading?
Old 01-18-2008, 11:50 AM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some people add weight to there diver if it is windy. Other than that the diver should weigh in at what is good for the type of chute. It all depends on how you want them to fly and how long you want to stay up.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:38 PM
Shortbuss

Cool thanks for the info, later on in the year I may order a setup from you!!

Pete