Community
Search
Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

Chute Plans?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 01:01 AM
terminal_velocity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chute Plans?

OK, I just went to my local hobby store about an hour ago to look at there jump planes....."Real Spendy"[:@].The Store owner talked me into buy a RTF Slo-v.At first i was not to sure but then he told me it was only $125.00.Wich i think is pretty cheap compard to other prices on the web.Not only did he hook me up with a great price but he gave me a X-port system with a little mini RC skydiver thats got 1 servo and the tranmitter is like a single button, All it does is flare the chute.One problem,,,,No chute!!
So i dont know wether to use a ram air or a Traditional "Round" chute.I went out and bought a couple yards of Rip-stop Nylon And basic kite string.
If anyone can give an idea on what to do i would be very grateful.The jumper is only about one ounce without the chute i think.The owner said the slov carrys it up very easly.
Here is a forum that is completly dedicated to RC skydiving, It even has a chat room.Not many ppl though...Everyone check it out!!!!!
[link]http://WWW.rcskydiving.proboards52.com[/link]

Thank you
Old 03-30-2008, 01:56 PM
RLR

Default RE: Chute Plans?

I don't think a ram air would be the wright one to use if u can not steer it. Rather then just go for a round one. There are many software u can download and use to make round parachutes. u first need to know what weight will the chute be carrying and then design the rest. Very easy with software.
I found this one to work the best for me. Just put in the diamitor of the chute and the stich line width and print. The templet for your rips will be printed.

http://www.spacecad.com/download.html

Riaan
Old 03-30-2008, 11:07 PM
terminal_velocity

Thank you RLR, The software works great.I am glad someone replied.

Thanks again.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:35 PM
GaryV
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Jacob,

I seem to be confused, aren't you the one that just started the forum mentioned above for R/C skydiving that you are telling people to go check out???????

GaryV
Old 04-01-2008, 12:19 AM
terminal_velocity

Yeah i started it up on proboards52.com because its got a live chat feature wich i think would be great if we could get a few rc skydivers in there to talk.
I know when i posted that link it sounded kinda like spam..lol but in no way am i trying to get anyone to leave RCU.If it was not for this forum i would never of heard of this great hobby.I still think it would be great to get some ppl on there to chat about RC skydiving.
I would like to say sorry if i came off as a spammer.....I hate spammers![:@]lol
anyways if anyone could plz check out my post that i put up earlier..Its called "No need for a plane!" i would br very thankfull.ITS a BIG project and any help or advice would be great.

Thanks and sry once again.

Jacob.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:05 PM
GaryV
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Jacob,

The live chat sounds cool, but the person I was chatting to would fall asleep waiting for me to type a reply.

The launcher is a good idea, there was a post about building one a few years back, but as far as I know it was never completed.
I even considered it my self using compressed air. I feel it would be difficult to launch to a sufficient altitude and get the skydiver to settle into a face down attitude during the desent for the chute not to get wrapped around the skydiver during deployment.
If someone had the materials or could get them cheaply enough it would be something to experiment with.
If you had to buy all of the needed materials, you would be better off to buy a plane.

GaryV
Old 04-02-2008, 03:08 AM
terminal_velocity

I am gonna buy a plane when i go to arizona for college..Here where i live there really is no place to fly a big enough plane to carry my jumper,Nothing but forest.I mean there is a couple of football fields, but theres main roads right next to them.And when it comes to the matriels,I can get them pretty cheap...I work at a local supplies store.The only thing that is going to put a dent in my pocket are the 25' coiled compression springs with 400 lbs of tourqe that i have coming from europe and the Power winch.
When i told my dad he just looked at me like i was stupid..Honestly I Could not have done it without my uncle.He basicaly came up with the plans.But with those springs that have 400 lbs of tourqe, I think thats plenty of power to launch a 3lb skydiver.I think it will fun,Plus i already placed the order for the springs and the winch so theres no turning back know...
Thnx

I will keep you guys updated..if all goes well it will be built in about a month and a half.I will post a video of it on here for you guys to see first.
Oh yeah,I am planning on going to the 2008 skydive rally,Hope to see you guys there.

Jake.....