Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

4 stroke vs 2 stroke in carrying up jumpers

Which is better for power to bring the jumpers up? I am working on a jump plane idea and would like it to life 3 maybe 4 divers at 3 lbs each. Therefore the question before I buy the engine... 2 stroke or 4 stroke or does it make much difference?

Thanks

Ucak
    Ucak

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 4 stroke vs 2 stroke in carrying up jumpers

It depends on the plane. I prefer electric but that gets real expensive when the plane gets big. The reason why I prefer electric is that it is cleaner, if you use nitro oreven gas you have to worry about the divers getting soaked with oil from the exhaust.

I use the Sr Telemaster with a worn out (but it was cheeep) OS 91 FX but I only haul one as of now (3lbs). I did however run the exhaust tube to back of the plane under the elevator to keep the diver clean and this works well with now effect to the engine other than a cool sound.

Two or Four....I rather two for weight issues but there or some people that say Four for the extra torque.....I know I didn't answer your question but I think its your preference, it really doesn't matter. I would overpower the plane though just for insurance.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Go GAS......

you'll need a large wing span and GAS is the best way.. It's economical and loads of power for the size.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think you could make either one work just fine if proped correctly, But I agree with Huntster I would go Gas