Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

Jump number two......

Old 09-28-2008, 07:10 AM
Huntster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jump number two......

By all accounts My life is far too busy to get good at this yet. Full time military job, finishing college....etc.etc.....

Well I worked on getting my 1/4 Piper Cub working and I was able to get 2 reliable flights without "Super Dave".... His first jump about 2 or 3 years ago was a dirt dive (left his Rcv'r off, He drop right where you release it....:-D )

I loaded Super Dave up and off we went... He dropped like a champ and (oh I'm flying the CUB and a club member is flying the skydiver) I began my decent. I think that there was a line over because only half the chute inflated. No damage just not a full fledged jump yet.....

The drop plane quit in flight.. Dead Stick..... It was on a go around and I was down wind..... Hold what you got.... maybe 2 to 5 mph at the time.... down wind landing.... The landing gear wire broke so now I'll be looking for another set of landing gear.

But Super Dave dropped and it was another GREAT day of flying!!!! :-D This is a GREAT country we live in!!!!
Old 09-28-2008, 07:35 AM
goldenknight1
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Jump number two......

hunster:
Well you are really be busy now, can wait for letter posted where you have had you first real drop of super dave and everything worked . It is something that we all look for when when we drop our jumpers and all goes well , If you can post some pictures on forum so that we all can see Super Dave flying.

BOB
Fair Winds And Blue Skies[8D][8D]
Old 09-28-2008, 10:10 AM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got started in RC Skydiving and was pleased to see your post. It seems that not many people participate in this forum. I've had two successful jumps in the last two weeks with a Charly I bought from a nice man here on RCU. I know, like RC planes, sooner or later I will have my "dirt dive." But for now I keep my fingers crossed.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Huntster

They do dirt dive.... BUT unlike my Heli or my planes... This guy survived... and just like Steve Austin....We have the technology, we can build him and make him better than he was before..... (I'm not so sure about that part).... It's the $6 Dollar man!!!! ooops, That was the lead into the show 6 MILLION dollar man... I was close :-D
Old 09-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Huntster

Some pix of my planes, of SUPER DAVE and of the Cub and how close it came to hitting the air vent pipe for the land fill we fly from. Great weekend over all!!!!
Old 09-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Huntster

Some pix of my planes, of SUPER DAVE and of the Cub and how close it came to hitting the air vent pipe for the land fill we fly from. Great weekend over all!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18531.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1042803   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95909.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	1042804   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc80526.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	1042805   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ha78754.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	1042806  
Old 12-13-2008, 07:27 AM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Hunster,

I see you have an old design setup on your chute slider. Either fasten it to the bottom permanently or drop me an email and I will send you an actual stationary slider to install. We got rid of the working sliders because of constant tangles and lineovers. They worked great during dead calm conditions, but add a little wind and the success drops drastically.