Community
Search
Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

Skydive event in Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 10:53 AM
twin3d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Skydive event in Ohio

Hello everyone,
Paul Fannin and I were thinking of putting on an event at our field this year. We were thinking about mid june something like 20 and 21. This would be early enough to get us out and back in time to recover for Munice. We wanted to get a feel for how many people would make it before we commit the time and money to make it happen. If it looks like we will have a good turn out we will sure make it worth the trip.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone.

Mike See
Old 12-07-2008, 05:51 PM
JuanF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Skydive event in Ohio

Hi Mike,
I like the idea of having an RC Skydiving event at your field. Unfortunately June is a bad time for me I have a convention I will be attending at your projected time. Sometime in July would work better for me. I would be able to make it then.

A Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and Paul.

Juan
Old 12-09-2008, 09:24 PM
twin3d

Hi Juan,
We can move things around a little if we have to, I am trying to get a feel for how many would show up. We were also thinking about July 18 and 19. If anyone has any suggestions on a date, we would like to here it. First of August is not good for us and we don't want to really wait until Sept. to have it either. We would like to do something earlier in the season to get everyone fired up and have some fun. In this neck of the woods September first of October is getting to the end of our flying season. (for the fair weather pilots that is) .

Everyone needs to let us know if they are interested in coming, so everyone speak up and let us hear your thoughts. If know one is really interested than Paul Fannin, Paul Reiner and I will not hold a ralley.

Talk to you later,
Mike
Old 12-10-2008, 10:26 AM
goldenknight1
My Feedback: (1)

twin3d: this bob in st. louis july 18/19 would be a good time for me , I do believe it would be a good day for Juan will check with him and see.

Bob[8D]
Old 12-10-2008, 11:02 AM
goldenknight1

twi3d ckecked with jaun and july would be a good date for us post a re ply if anyone else could work with that date

Bob
Old 12-10-2008, 02:32 PM
R/C Skydiver
My Feedback: (3)

HI Ya'll,
I would like very much to make the rally but it depends on the dates of commitments I have already made to other clubs in this area to attend their flyins and jump in their noon airshow. None of the dates have been posted yet so I don't know.
The current state of the economy doesn't help either. It's a long and expensive trip to Muncie and Ahia from here. Maybe Pres-Elect Obama can fix it????
Jim
Old 12-10-2008, 08:41 PM
twin3d

Only thing he can fix is the election..

Well if they haven't posted there dates yet that means your booked for the 18th and 19th of July right.
What ever happens hope you can make it.

Everybody...keep the replies up and let us know.. Thanks again...
Mike S.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:22 AM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Hello all,

The RCSkydiving team will be there, we have made some changes in the company to give us more time to make these events in 2009.

I would also like to add, that if this event goes on, RCSkydiving will donate a Hangtime Ultimate Diver and a Micro Generation II FreeFall Diver to the prize list.

Once all finalized, please let me know and I will post it on the homepage of our website.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:54 AM
twin3d

Hey thanks a bunch Dave that will be greatley appreciated, thanks so much. We will keep everyone informed of the decision. I sent everyone an email and we are slowly getting responses. Thanks again.

Mike See
Old 12-13-2008, 02:18 PM
FlyBy8

Ditto Mike’s gratitude, Dave. We do appreciate your support and glad to hear you can make it. We are just trying to give anyone interested another event to enjoy and try to spark more interest in RC Skydiving experience.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Skyking-RCU

I just finished up my diver, not made a jump yet. I would hope to be able to attend something in July. I plan on getting my first several dives out of the way this winter. We have several in my plane club interested in this type of RC so I guess I am the guinee pig[X(]
Old 12-14-2008, 01:28 PM
twin3d

Well your more than welcome to come. The more the merrier and don't worry about being super good at it, neither am I. It's more about having fun, good company and learning more about this part of the hobby. If you have any questions, all of us are more than willing to help. Hope to see you in July.

Mike [8D]
Old 01-15-2009, 08:37 PM
twin3d

Wanted to give everyone an update on our event, so far everything is looking good for July 18th and 19th. We were going to get the clubs approval at our Jan. meeting but the meeting was canceled. I have spoken to our club president and he was very enthusiastic about having this event. We will have the offical word at our Feb. meeting. Once we get that I will send out a mass email and posting on this site to let everyone know. Hope everyone is staying warm and I will talk to you soon.

Mike S.
[8D]
Old 02-06-2009, 09:41 AM
twin3d

It is official, we are havng the skydive event July 18th and 19th. There will be cash prizes for first, second and third places. www.rcskydiving.com is generously donating prizes as well. There will be a concession stand open for breakfast and lunch both days. Saturday evening there will be a $10 steak dinner up at the airport , hanger. B.O.B. with in reason.
10 dollar entry fee if pre-registered with a free t-shirt 15 dollars the day of the event. Should be a fantastic event we are looking forward to everyone coming, the more the better.
If you don't have a jump plane don't worry about it we have plenty of planes to haul you up or if anyone just wants to come and watch thats fine too. The address to the field is 3275 Columbus RD Centerburg Ohio 43011. You can visit our website for details as well, we will have it posted there with in few days. www.corksfield.org. If any one has any questions feel free to email me a [email protected] or call me at 614-577-9050. If anyone wants to camp they are more than welcome to, there is plenty of room but no hookups. Spread the word....... We will have our flyer posted in a few days and I will send out a mass email to everyone. Thanks to everyone in advance, we look forward to seeing everybody.

Mike S.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:25 PM
goldenknight1

OK twin3d: we, I mean (jaun and I) will be there Come on guys lets make it rain chutes there . Looking forward to two are more rallies a year, I believe by then I should haves some good news on having one here in St. Louis next year. We have twin asphalt runways and 55 acres of open flying area, with covered pravilion and plenty of open pit area also asphalt. and five hotels within 2 miles or less from the field

Bob
fair winds and blue skies to all
Old 02-06-2009, 01:21 PM
R/C Skyjumper

WOW now it should be fun only hope I can get there with a county fair I have to be setting up on monday Maby I can drive fast and get back to Minnesota
What is the aprox time everything will finish Sunday as that may make a dif on plans
Don
Old 02-06-2009, 01:53 PM
R/C Skyjumper

Just a quick note
R/C Skyjumper.com has a new web site and is in process of getting it together and is open to watch as its being built if interested http://rcskyjumper.com/
Thanks
Old 02-06-2009, 02:08 PM
twin3d

Usually things end up finishing up around 1 to 2 on Sunday.... that is what I have seen in the past. Look forward to meeting you bring all of your friends and fellow skydivers.

Mike S.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:15 PM
R/C Skyjumper

Im sure going to try to come as I am from Ohio Greenfield , Just posted my new web link on last post and I will throw it on here also , I will be working on it for a while as we do signs, banners , Embrodery caps and shirts and , rc custom paint and decals solook in once in a while as will always be changing
http://rcskyjumper.com/
Old 02-06-2009, 02:32 PM
JuanF

Mike,
See you in July. I guess I better start getting all the practice drops I can. Just don't schedule any hurricanes.
Juan
Old 02-06-2009, 02:37 PM
twin3d

Boy I hope we don't have any Hurricanes.... see you in July.

Mike S.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:49 PM
R/C Skyjumper

How far from Blacklick is the jump site
Old 02-06-2009, 02:54 PM
twin3d

It is about 23 miles North, It' s an actual airport my uncle owns the it. It takes me about 30 minutes to get there from my house in Blacklick. If you go to our web site and then to links click on the ohio light sport link and that is my Uncles website.

Mike S.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:55 PM
R/C Skyjumper

Guess I have to loop around the north side of Cols to get there
http://rcskyjumper.com/
Old 02-06-2009, 03:05 PM
twin3d

Thats correct 270 to 71 north to the Sunbury exit turn right , drive into Sunbury to Route 3 at that light you will turn left. At that light there will be a CVS across the street and a fire house on your left. After you turn left at that light stay on Route three until you see the CORKS sigh on your left, you will come around a right hand curve just pass a golf course and you will see our sign on the left. It's a gravel drive. If you have any questions just let me know.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.