Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

New guy wanting in

Ok I am not new to R/C but would be to sky diving. I have several big planes that would work as jump planes. I have a few questions.

1. Where is the best place to buy these guy's from?

2. How much do they weigh on average? (complete with chute and rigging)

3. Dropping them...do I as the pilot of the plane do it with my radio? Or the jumper?

Never gave this a thought until I tried teaching my daughter to fly a powered parachute. I thought I saw this forum before and gave it a look. She thinks it would be a great idea and another reason to go to the field with me. Has anyone built their own out of action figures and a foil kite? I have several 1 meter kites the kids learned with just collecting dust.

Thanks fella's,
    Kevin
    Everything electronic runs on smoke.....if you let your smoke out, it\'\'s dead!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: New guy wanting in

There are several of us that make chutes and Jumpers check down this forum and a lot of questerns can be answerd and suppliers found
    As for flying and controling the jumper , Well it is like the ol saying "it takes 2 to tango" same here need a pilot for the plane and sep for jumper
    Hope this helped some and welcome to a very interesting part of RC you will have fun
    Don Mowery rcskyjumper.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I read a few threads scanning for info on where to get them. Didn't take enough time I guess.

I understand that 2 or more need to be present.....the idea of doing it with my daughter was the thing that sparked this. No prop! Amen! She does great on the sim but forgets everything she knows with a live prop...

Kevin
    Everything electronic runs on smoke.....if you let your smoke out, it\'\'s dead!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi, check out this post in the rc skydiving forum, all the US suppliers are on there: RC SKYDIVERS AND JUMPERS SUPPLIERS.

U can also have a look at the next web page for international divers: http://www.paramax.de/ or mail Theo Vaesen: tvproducts@telenet.be also produces divers and chutes.

Hope this help and welcome to the forum.[8D]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello,
    There are several different manufactures of chutes and jumpers. The two that are mentioned in the previous post are fantastic. Here in the us RCskydiving.com make some really nice stuff. There are also a few of us around that make our own chutes. Juan and Bob make their own jumpers and Paul Fannin and I are trying to make a few as well. Juan has got his pretty well figured out where Paul and I are still in the " walk a mile to go get it" phase but we are getting there. Infact in calmer air ours work pretty well. If you have any questions as far as setup is concerned I am sure all of us are more than willing to help. Good Luck and happy jumping.

Mike S.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Right, did not have much time yesterday and did not want to seem byast to the two suppliers, but here are the links to the US suppliers website's: http://www.rcskydive.com; http://www.rcskydiving.com; http://www.rcdropzone.com; http://www.olywa.net; htpp://www.mindspring.com/~sanyo1 and http://www.rcskydiveusa.com/

This is all the links I have so if I left somebody out sorry please include your name here

If I can give advice buy a diver package first from one of the suppliers and if you still have the urge to build your own take it from there. All the suppliers will tell you the same thing and I also speak of personal experience, they are seem expensive, but that is because we invest many hours of trial and error to produce a product that work. Not to get to technical but, the material, the line thikness, angle of attack, chute profile are just some of the things you have to get right in a perfect combo to get a chute that can take all the conditions and still produce realiable chute openinings and realistic flight!!

Myself and Riaan here in South Africa are also in the final stages of pruducing a production model for the South Afircan market so we can get RC Skydiving going here in our great climate!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for all the help and links guy's! I am now going through the "which one" stage. I have a USL120 I was thinking of using as the jump plane. I see a bunch of video of underwing jumpers. I must do some more research to see how the hook up on the wing. If I can get away with something that is removable yet sturdy I will go that route. It is also my most used plane so I spend a lot of time flying it alone.....

Will be reading,
    Kevin

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Kevin,

Welcome, RCskydiving.com sells some real nice drop boxes that can be removed when not in use. I don't know if you go to the Weak Signals show in Toledo Ohio, but if you do stop by the booth and we will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

http://www.rcskydiving.com/product.p...cat=426&page=1

Scott

www.rcskydiving.com
    Scott M. Naylor, TSgt, USAF