Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Joining the ranks

I hope to join the RC skydiving fraternity soon. I just ordered a new generation Micro Diver and am stoked about it. I started this hobby 2 years ago and have had a blast building and flying lots of RC planes from plans, kits, and ARFs. My first RC plane was a Sig Kadet Senior taildragger that I built from a kit and taught myself to fly with. It's maiden flight was also my 1st RC flight after lots of simulator practice. After moving on to more challenging planes, I bought a FlyCamOne2 camera to attach under the Senior's wing to motivate me to keep flying it regularly. Now I plan to use it as a jump plane. It's only powered with an OS 40LA but with it's huge wing, I think it will climb out okay with the small skydiver. What do you guys think?

I ordered my diver's canopy and suit to match the plane's theme.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ca81920.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	1177555   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uq49798.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	1177556  
    Tee Bee

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Joining the ranks

Hey man, congrats, I just finished mine last week, waiting for good weather to throw him out of something, lol
    Check some of my build videos at http://www.youtube.com/Skydive4ever

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks. I had already found your vids and subscribed to them for updates on your diver. I've posted some model vids as well, mostly of a few of my 1/2A planes with various Cox engines and a couple of aerial vids shot from my Senior. I need a new camera so I can post some of the stuff I've been doing lately. I've got a few 40 and 60-sized glow planes, a couple of small electric balsa planes, and a few RTF indoor models but I have a real fascination with tinkering with and flying the old Cox engines such as TD .010s, .049s, and .09s and have enjoyed building and flying planes that use them even though they are mostly obsolete these days. Most of the time I've spent here at RCU has been in the 1/2A forums. I enjoy some diversity in my model flying and think that RC skydiving will add to that. http://www.youtube.com/user/TeeBeeZee

BTW, that 3-way skydive video you posted was very neat.
    Tee Bee

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hahaha, I thought is was you, cool man, post some vids/pics when you get yours in ;-)
    Nice colors on the plane and bike :-)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That plane will take 4 or 5 Micro Diver's up at once! Most people use that plane for the Ultimate size diver, you may need alittle more power for that, but it would work great. We have alot of orders again, but we should have them all shipped with in one week. Hope everyone has fun, thats what it is all about.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Myself and Dave from rc skydiving have used an Eflite mini ultra stick to haul TWO of the micro divers I don't think you will have any problems with the 40 sized nitro plane. Just get used to it flying a little different, it will take a little more runway and may not turn in the air as good. I normally mix in some rudder with the ailerons on my jump planes. have fun and don't forget to connect the battery in the diver before you drop him out the plane : P

Kenny from Spillway Skydive Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ennyka - "...and don't forget to connect the battery in the diver before you drop him out the plane..."
    Sound like someone talking from experience, hehehe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the replies, fellas. My Senior is a 3-channel job so mixing the ailerons with anything is out of the question.
    Tee Bee

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think everyone has forgot to turn a switch on or hooked the battery up atleast once in this hobby. I know we have forgotten to hook the battery up more than once. We just call it testing to see how flat they freefall, and we need a closeup look.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dave
    Isn't that called (dirt diving? Yep been there done that
    We got to test fly the new drop plane a Hobbico 40 with a supertiger 51 on the nose and it flies like a good sport plane now , Didnt raise the gear high enough and will go up one more inch then we will balance the diver under it and get in some testing done , now that the snow has left and ground dried to use the chub field
    Now I will see if the new chute I developed will work as I think it should
    Wish me soft landings
    Don
    Don Mowery rcskyjumper.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello Juan