Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

New Drop Plane A Great Value!

Old 05-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Banzai55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Drop Plane A Great Value!

We have been using a senior telemaster and a 26cc gasser as our drop plane. The plane was showing its age, so I decided to get another. Hobby Lobby was out of stock at the time, so I was checking ads for something similar. I found this great plane in an AbellRC ad (http://www.abellrc.com/abellrchome.html ). This plane has nearly the wing area of the telemaster, has four bay openings for cameras, whatever and is very well engineered. The plane does not have a name, just a part number - it can be found under Abellrc airplanes on their website. Anyway it comes complete plane, engine, prop, tank, tygon etc for $ 400! All you need is an rx and servos! Flies great and has no trouble getting our 4 pound guy to altitude.
The only criticism I had was no instructions!- not a big deal since who reads em anyway. ( I do have two little pieces of balsa in a little bag that I have no idea what they are for). And the covering needed reshrunk a bit. But what a great value. I love the CRRC 26cc engines I have several now.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84551.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	1200471   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33937.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	1200472   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo31881.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	1200473  
Old 05-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Banzai55

Default RE: New Drop Plane A Great Value!

One other note! Important! No cg was indicated so I balanced it (using battery placement) at appx 28% of the 15 inch chord 4 1/4 in the wing joining tube is at 4 1/2 in. The plane flew fine needing just a little down
Old 06-18-2009, 07:49 PM
JuanF

Default RE: New Drop Plane A Great Value!

Banzai 55,
I also bought the same plane from Abell.  I got the first flights in on it today and it flies great and the engine that comes with it run really good.  At the present time I have it set up for one jumper. I will be rigging it up later to take up two jumpers. As soon as I take some pictures will post them here.  Other than the lack of assembly instructions wasn't any problem.  Anyone who has assembled an ARF should be able to put this plane together without any problems.  The only negative comment I have about the plane is that it took me about an hour and a half to get all the wrinkles out of the covering material.  I would recommend this airplane for anyone who is looking for a jump plane.
Juan