Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C > R/C Sky Diving
Reload this Page >

Packing Parafoil 96 with Slider???

Community
Search
Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

Packing Parafoil 96 with Slider???

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 08:00 AM
The_Wreck
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Packing Parafoil 96 with Slider???

I just got a Mike Jumper with a Parafoil 96 chute. This also has a working slider, I have not packed a chute with a working slider before.

Do you slide the slider up towards the chute before laying the lines in the chute before folding?

Any pictures would be great.

Thanks
Old 10-02-2009, 12:35 PM
R/C Skydiver
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Packing Parafoil 96 with Slider???

You will find many opinions about the slider. I have had better luck pulling the slider all the way up to the chute before laying in the lines. That way it works as a slider should by easing the opening shock. It is hard to explain exactly how I do the lines but if you plan to go to Mac Hodges Dan Stevens Memorial flyin next weekend, I will be there and will show you my method. If you make it, bring your Mike and we can put it on my Stinger and drop it along with 2 others during the noon demo.

Jim Boone
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30542.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	1286864  
Old 10-02-2009, 01:40 PM
RiaanLR

Default RE: Packing Parafoil 96 with Slider???

I just lay everything down and pull the slider as hi as possible without pulling the chute which is laying down apart.
When you then pull your lines up the slider justlies down on the chute andthen fold everything together.

There are somany ways of packing. Learn something as basicas possible and stick to it if it works. You will find the odd opening that is not what you expected. Stick to what works most.

I have seen some fancy packing. Stick to basics. It works.

Regards Riaan