Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

New drop plane - the

Old 10-19-2009, 07:34 AM
Banzai55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New drop plane - the

This is our new drop plane - the Jumpmaster. The vitals: Span 96 in, area appx 2000 in sq, weight 22 lbs, G-62 w 22-10 prop. Uses 6 channels - usual 4 plus flaps and man release. Equiped with Eagle Tree data system and separate altimiter. This plane is a version of the "Quick- Stik" family of airplanes and uses a cut down 12 foot telemaster wing it is bult around two pine longerons 1" x 3/4 " seven feet long. Land real slooooooow! W or wo flaps! Gets to drop altitude 1200 feet in less than a minute. This plane can lift three 4-5 pound jumpers right now only the single box is attached. Frank is holding his jumper in the pix for scale.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37536.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	211.4 KB
ID:	1297995  
Old 10-19-2009, 07:59 AM
Ucak

Default RE: New drop plane - the

Way cool... we want videos with 4 guys hooked on!

Brad
Old 10-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Banzai55

The video is no problem in fact we mount a FlyCam2 on the guy's chest! But Frank only has 2 men!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:17 PM
JohnByrne

John here in Vicksburg. Super nice job. Hope you bring it to the Vicksburg flyin next year. Will love to see it in action!

I finally got a copy of the video and have the plans drawn. Gene and I are going to purchase the nylon soon with hopes of having a jumper finished by Christmas give or take. I have an old Telemaster 40 that I'm putting together as a single man jump plane. Not super but should be ok. Maybe I can be jumper 3 for this bad boy
Old 10-22-2009, 05:12 AM
R/C Skydiver
My Feedback: (3)

That's quite a jump plane! You should be able to carry about 6 jumpers at one time with the G-62 pulling that large wing area!! Are you gonna bring it to the Columbus, Oh. rally next year?

I would bring my Stinger and new jump plane I'm working on but that's a long haul from Alabama to that Rally pulling a trailer with my truck. The Ford Ranger gets about 15 mpg vs 40 mpg with my Camry Hybred.

Look forward to seeing you there. Any skydiver rally's planned around your area next year?

Jim
Old 10-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Banzai55

Sure, no problem! By next spring I should have my 12 foot telemaster done. The fuse is framed and I start on the wings next week.
This one I am building from scratch the original HL kit one crashed twice due to poor kit design and my not reading the threads thoroughly. This one will not have all the weaknesses of the kit version.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Banzai55

Yes! Frank and I will be there have the dates been set yet?
Old 10-22-2009, 02:02 PM
R/C Skydiver

Don't think any dates have been set yet. Don't even know for sure if they will have one. We can all put pressure on Paul R., Paul F. and Mike to "git er done!!!"

My new jump plane is finished and had the maiden today. It is a "No Name" plane sold by Abell RC and is listed as a 26cc photo plane. Doesn't even have building instructions for it! It has a 7' wingspan but the chord is larger than a Sr Telemaster so it should lift 3 jumpers without any problem. I had used the same Sato 1.80 on a Sr Telemaster a few years back. Sent it back to Horizon Hobbies for checkout. They put in new bearings and tuned it up. Puuuuurs like a kitten now. Will take it to our field Sat with one of my old Robbie Charly's and let some club members make some jumps. Trying to spread skydiving interest to some new people.

Name:	Tr50055.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	1300073   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur51968.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1300074  
Old 10-22-2009, 07:00 PM
skydiver

Mike, Paul F, What about it?

Paul Reiner CD
Old 10-22-2009, 08:09 PM
R/C Skyjumper

R/C Skydiver - Is that the same one Juan got ? He said it was a hauler
Old 10-22-2009, 09:58 PM
R/C Skydiver

Yep, it's the same one except that he has a 26cc gas engine on his. Says it flys great.

Jim
Old 10-23-2009, 08:19 AM
R/C Skyjumper

Thanks Jim - Im still playing around with my Kadet Sr with the Mag 71 on it and trying to get some jump time in but the weather and time here is not very good this year as we go to the field and sit around drinking coffee with the fire pit going and saying bad words about the weather - waiting for the warmer days or weather change to fly and will keep on trying till the snow gets to deep or to cold to start motors - which may be tommorow or soon - tough living in this cold area - need to move to warm place , Please dont tell me where to go as folks around this area have already mentioned that a time or to LOL
Old 10-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Banzai55

I have one of these we call it Abell-1 I love the plane I woukld suggest regluing all the joints in the fuse the adhesive used by the mfg is weak. We must have 100 or more flights on it. Toss-up between it and the senior telemaster!
Old 10-23-2009, 12:16 PM
R/C Skydiver

That's good news about the 100 flights. I beefed mine up with 1/16 ply in the fuselage where my jumper outriggers go through. I also reglued all the joints and added another 1/8 in firewall. Probably too much added but the Sato 1.80 should be able to handle it. Put the rudder and elevator servos in the tail and now having tail heavy problems using 4 1/2" from leading edge for balance. Any suggestions on other mods?
Jim
Old 10-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Banzai55

I am using the crrc 26cc that came with it gets to drop altitude in less than a minute! All the hatches are cool if you have data modules/cameras
Old 10-23-2009, 01:05 PM
R/C Skyjumper

Check with Juan and see where his balance point is - He sayes he has it about right
Don
Old 10-23-2009, 04:21 PM
R/C Skydiver

Juan

I think you told me that your cg was at 4 1/2". Do you have any mods you made that I should think about? I did put 4 1/2" balloon tires and a larger tail wheel on it because of our rough and looong grass at our flying field. No grass cutting volunteers!!!

Jim
Old 10-23-2009, 04:51 PM
R/C Skyjumper

Jim
Keep the prop 1 1/2 in from the ground and you can mow a path on each flight LOL
Don

I must be bored posting such nonsence - to lousy here today to do otherwise - need to get a chute sewed as already sold it and 4 more I have cut - guess if I had any ambition I would get my butz to sewing them , 2 camo and 2 silver - still working on a good chute pack , always seem to make them to small or they dont fold right , o well back top the drawing board on them
Old 10-23-2009, 06:25 PM
R/C Skydiver

Good idea but I would need a lot of props to mow 800"x (about)80'.

Won't rub it in about the wx "cause we have a cold front coming thru tomorrow with lows of 45 and a high tomorrow of about 68. Will go to the field even though 8 to 15mph is forcast. We are roughing it down here this week!!!

Better get off your tail and start sewing! I have an amature video I made a couple of years ago that explains how we modified the Robbie Charly to get rid of the box chute holder and make a cloth chute pack. Sure cut way back on our dirt dives!!! I'll send you a copy if you promise not to laugh at the quality or content of the video. Let me know,

Jim

Old 10-23-2009, 06:44 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Heres a pic of the drop box I have built for my Bud nosen giant trainer.. I bought the plane half built or I would have made the drop bay big enough for a gallon jug !

Here is a link to the thread if you are interested in a big plane for dropping things..I bet if you started the kit with parachute dropping in mind you could easily haul 6-8 of them. The fuse is big enough under the wing saddle for two gallon milk jugs. !!!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_86..._1/key_/tm.htm

Name:	Xv63339.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	1300685   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85835.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	1300686  
Old 10-23-2009, 08:09 PM
FlyBy8
My Feedback: (1)

Nice haul planes, Guys...

Jim, you will have to let me know how well you like that new plane. I looked at that plane pretty hard, before I put the DLE-30 gas engine on my telemaster.

Banzai55, I have been waiting for someone to make a jump plane out of one of those 12 ft. Telemasters. That should be a lot of fun. You should keep good notes on all of the mode that you are doing to make it work.

YES, we are planning on doing the CORKS Skydiver Rally again next year!! We should be planning for the budget and dates at the next two club meetings.... so stay tuned for more details around the first of December.

Paul F.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:26 PM
R/C Skyjumper

Jim
Send me the copy as always like to see dif things and I promise I wont laugh- you should see some of my goof ups - and there have been plenty
Old 10-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Banzai55

I am working on the 12 footer I have designed a Home Depot material wing for the thing. Blue 1/8 foam sheet, gorilla glue, balsa leading and trailing edges, and aluminum tubing! Mega stout! The telemaster has been kit-bashed into a pilatus porter i love the plane anyway i will be posting pix of the build. I am putting in a drop bay for candy drops etc and will power it with a 100cc twin.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:43 AM
R/C Skydiver

Everybody take note of Paul Fannin's post above. They have decided to have another Skydiver Rally next year for sure!!! Great!!! It was sure a ball this year and the next one should be even better. Don't know exactly how it could be better but they are very innovative up there.

All you guys down in this part of the country should start planning to go. Frank Moak and I were the only ones from the deep south. Now that I think a little better, there were two guys from Atlanta visiting their Grandpa and they had a great time like we did.

Don't miss it!!!!
Old 10-24-2009, 08:14 AM
R/C Skyjumper

I have our photos and working on a dvd as takin ,footage of Muncie and all can have a copy -` Was to long to put on a cd so will have other son transfer to a dvd then I can make copies Photos on one and film on other - even trade to any one that has any film or shots from there - rest , pick up at next meet foir just postage or free , probly free, Dammm just got a christmas present to send - so OK ya can have it free- I would like to have some of the other shots and film from others if available
Thanks
Don

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.