Community
Search
Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

Watch for cheap knockoffs!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 06:45 PM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Watch for cheap knockoffs!

I have found out that a website rcChute has copied our design of the Micro Jumper. If you want the original Micro Jumper make sure you buy it from RCSkydiving. Here is a quote from his website "I invented my rcCHUTE as a way to diversify the fun of RC flying". They have invented nothing, they did nothing but copy our jumper after buying one from us. Please do not promote this type of business.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:09 PM
R/C Skyjumper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Watch for cheap knockoffs!

Anyone wanting a chute and jumper please ask the ones that make them and will answer any questions and help you decide what is best for you - Please do not buy from others that ripoff from manufacturs that have spent many years designing there product and continue to promote the sport of RC Skydiving , none of us will promote or any way recomend anyone to buy from any ripoff/copycat seller

Thanks
Don Mowery
Owner of RC Skyjumper
Old 11-12-2009, 07:18 PM
rcdirigibles

Hello Dave,
I saw the web page and is identical to that I bought from you some time ago.
Is not good for manufactures that some guys try to deceive customers selling stuf that only copy from them.
The good news is that costumers know Who is Who in this market.
I say NO to copies, I only buy from real and honest manufactures !!!
Happy Landings.
Alex
Mexico City
Old 11-14-2009, 01:09 PM
GaryV
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most of the guys selling Skydivers today did not design their jumpers and chutes themselves 100%.
They took someone elses design and made some modifications to it.
Best I can recall, back in 04' Dave was using Chutes built by R/C Skydive USA and I'm sure his is a modified version of their design which is also the same as the Gitchell chute.

I can however say, that to my knowledge , Dave's micro jumper is his own design.

I myself mave four different chute designs, however, none of them were designed by me.
I also have been working on a diver. It is basically a Mike design with some modifications in design and materials.
I started it a few years ago, but after I got a Mike jumper I let it fall by the wayside, because I didn't really need it.

A couple of weeks ago Mike had to make an early departure from the plane when the engine died just after takeoff.
He incured severe damage and I may need to finish my molds to get him back on operation.

GaryV
Old 11-14-2009, 01:21 PM
R/C Skyjumper

OUCH-Need a big batch of epoxy sometimes to keep them together - Hope the plane is OK
You are right as we all copied some parts from other Mfg as there is only so many dif kind of chutes we use and I have done the same thing and have my own special design of chute (The Dominater) thats what I call it and Jumpers are a radical mod of another Mfg- But I dont try to cut down price to sell them I try to keep pricing along the same lines as others and not try to undercut others

Still trying to get Son to transfer the Vids and photos to a dvd for me so I can get them to you guys
Don
Old 11-14-2009, 03:36 PM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be fine with someone taking our divers and redesigning them and making them for sale. The serious problem I have is copying it piece for piece and selling it at a cheaper price because he has no expenses of being in business. I would place a bet he won't be giving away over $1000.00 worth of divers anytime soon like we have the past 3 years running. IMHO there is no one lower than a man who would copy the design piece for piece and then list it on his website as his "invention". Before I started selling divers I started with an R/C Skydive USA chute for myself. When we entered the business and started selling divers the whole divers were my own designs, and now we have progressed to 2, soon to be 3 divers of nobody elses making.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:04 PM
RiaanLR

So when will we see all of you in SA.
We are getting quite an interest in RC Skydiving here.
Maybe one day.

Greetings from SA
Old 11-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Tee Bee

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to see that happen, Dave. Your micro jumper is a neat design. I've certainly enjoyed mine and hate to see someone rip you like that.