Community
Search
Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

WINTER - COLD TIME -PROJECTS

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 05:05 PM
R/C Skyjumper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WINTER - COLD TIME -PROJECTS

Well has come time to pickle the motors on the drop plane and all the nitro ones - will keep the elec incase of some good flying days and work on sewing some chutes and constructing jumpers for the new jump club we are getting started here and work on some model railroad stuff when to cold to venture out all N Gauge -and as always race RC Cars on every other Sat night and all day Sun at the shop

Cold climints SUCK

What are the rest of you guys doing?

Got a brain storm - how about a net of us use our Web Cams and talk to each as we have time JUan and Bob and I get on as much as we can and share misery and projects and just have a good time - all is free to do and if dont have camera on Computer they cost 19 to 25 bucks for good ones as I use - any takers - I can hook you up to the info thats free and it works excellant

Old 11-21-2009, 03:50 PM
Banzai55

Default RE: WINTER - COLD TIME -PROJECTS

Off season projects: 12 foot Telemaster build the wings - fuse built; Learning how to make fiberglass parts and fuselages starting with Stuka parts ; finish a Ziroli Stuka and a Ziroli C-47. Hope to make a big dent in this list by New Years!!!
Old 11-21-2009, 10:22 PM
GaryV
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Skyjumper,

Move south, fly all year.

I did make a recent purchase, the Giant Telemaster featured in this RCU forum build.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_35..._1/key_/tm.htm

I pulled off some covering on the fuse to replace it and noticed some minor structure damage that needs to be fixed before it will be flight ready.
Still not sure how many drop boxes I will put on it. Atleast two maybe as many as four.
I don't particulary like the way the wings attach. The plane should have been designed with a wing tube. It it a pain to attach the wings, I have only done this once, and am sure it will get easier the more it is assembled.
If one of the wing struts should come loose, the wing is sure to depart the plane.
I'm kind of leary of adding 16lbs of skydivers to it.
The guy that built the plane only lives about 40 miles from me. He flew the plane for several years and I will talk to him and get his thoughts on adding the extra weight before I get too far into it.
It currently has a Zenoah G-45 on it and weighs 24.25 lbs minus the receiver.
I plan to go for atleast an 80 cc engine

GaryV
Old 11-22-2009, 08:07 AM
R/C Skyjumper

WOW- as they say (thats a bigen)- Nice size you will need a bigger car to haul that one and it wont fit in your tent -
Only kidding - very nice plane -I thing Bob Deadmond has one also - Wish I could go south maby someday ,
Old 11-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Banzai55

VERY IMPORTANT!!!! THROW AWAY ANY NYLON BOLTS!!! USE STEEL/ TITANIUM ETC!! My first one crashed on the first flight due to nylon bolt failure.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:53 PM
goldenknight1

banzi55 this bob in st louis in st louis , I looked at 12 foot wing on plans and I am in the process of putting carbon fiber tubes in fuse and wings and struts will have pip pins at all attachment piont on wings and fuse . will get some picture of it when I have wings ready to mount on the fuselage

bob
Old 11-23-2009, 03:05 PM
GaryV

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The previous owner had been using steel bolts on the struts, still using nylon on wing center section and wing attachment to center section.
Do you recommend steel for all?

GaryV
Old 11-24-2009, 07:54 AM
Banzai55

yes - steel all around the struts are absoluteley necessary as part of a triangle. My rebuilt telemaster had a one inch 8 foot aluminum tube to tie the wings together didn't need the struts but I used them anyway
Old 11-28-2009, 06:54 AM
FlyBy8

[quote]ORIGINAL: GaryV

I did make a recent purchase, the Giant Telemaster featured in this RCU forum build.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_35..._1/key_/tm.htm

Well come on GaryV. Dust that camera off and show us some pictures....