Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Checking to make sure we all are still reading and postin

Wanted to see if all are doing somthing sneakey for this year - Ive heard some rumers there are some things going on - Me Im building a new plane and working on the other and getting set to make a passle of jumpers and chutes for the year
    Don Mowery rcskyjumper.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Checking to make sure we all are still reading and postin

Well I have a helmet cam coming, found on Ebay. Heard about this on the flying giants forum. Hope to get some good weather soon to try it out and get some freefall and chute riding videos. The camera is the size of a key chain remote and is self contained for video or still pics.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looking forward to knowing how it works and some photos

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have made drop videos a few times and it worked pretty good. If you go to Google and look for "plane and diver edited movie.wvm" you can see a jump video made at the Somerset, Ky Skydiver rally on June 16, '07. Dive Bomber Dave had an electric Lift Meister rigged with about 3 cameras controlled by a laptop computer. Don't know all the technical details but he attached my Mike jumper with helmet cam and recorded the take off and climbout with his cameras then switched to my helmet cam after the diver was released. It was a very windy day as you can tell from the jumper's shaky drop. My excuse for not making the circle and I'm sticking to it!
    I was using a helmet cam bought from Radio Shack. It was actually one of those residential security cameras they sell. Worked ok for awhile until a hard landing screwed up the wiring. Will try with a different camera one of these days.
    Would be anxious to see anyones helmet cam video with an explination of the camera, etc.
    Guess all you guys are still snowed in or don't have time or electricity to add to the forum. Been kinda quiet on here lately!

Jim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lectric? whats that ? I have 6 gerbels and a couple hamsters rotating on the wheel to power the puter - I will have a small movie camera in one of the planes this year to send video to the ground for recording and maby a fly cam to do some attachments to the jumper, still in a process - Web site is getting a makeover from someone not me as I dont know how

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think I would want to try out the night jumping. Its been done by Pieter in Pretoria.
    A and of course looking forward to meet you all in South Africa. Big event coming up in September.
    And lets us notforget the world record. Who will be the 2010 champions.LOL

Greetings

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice video Jim. I had not seen that one before.

Kind of gives you proof positive that you made the right turn, left turn for those 5 extra points. I like it.