Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

Joe Nall

Old 12-12-2009, 08:07 PM
twin3d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Joe Nall

Everyone,
We need to know for sure if any or how many would like to be apart of the noon demo for skydiving at Joe Nall this year. I don't want to make any commitments if it is only going to be three of us and only one plane. It would be nice to have a few planes and maybe five or six jumpers. Any body who lives close to that area or goes to the event normally that would be interested in doing this please post a reply.

Gary ,
I know you usually go, what are your thoughts of the trees for the center stage event? I am concerend we might end up with all of them in the trees being they are not that far away.

Any and all input would be great, this would be a major undertaking for all of us involved so if we want to do this we need to plan accordingly. Thanks to everyone.

Mike S.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:08 AM
Ucak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Joe Nall

Mike,

What are the dates for Joe Nall. Maybe I can bring a jumper from Turkey. I attended a couple years ago and had a blast.

Brad aka Ucak
Old 12-13-2009, 10:32 AM
superbee-rc

Joe Nall dates are May 9th thru May15. Demo days will be Wednesday thru Saturday.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:04 AM
GaryV
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike,

My concern would be hitting one of the many expensive airplanes on the flight line than a tree.

GaryV
Old 12-13-2009, 11:46 AM
twin3d

I agree, there are a lot of nice planes around for potential targets. Any other thoughts from anyone?

Mark,
I am going to give you a call here later today.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:13 PM
superbee-rc

We had our meeting tonight and all were in favor RC skydivers for the noon demo. I hope this will work out for everyone. Let me know if i can answer any question. Are their any vendors for RC skydivers that would be interested in coming to the Joe Nall.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:16 PM
R/C Skydiver
My Feedback: (3)

HI Guys,

Talked to a R/C er today who goes to Joe Nall every year and is in the noon airshow. He says including R/C Skydivers is a good idea. The pit area is about 125Yds from the first small tree line and landing on the runway should be no problem as long as there is no dirt dive involved. Of course the wind could be a bad thing.

I agree with Gary, I would not want to land on one of those big expensive planes parked all over the pit area. Barring something unusual, like dirt dive or high winds, we should have no problem in putting on a good show. I'm willing to try!!! I will have my Stinger that carries 3 jumpers and will be flown by one of the best pilots around and also can have 2 other experienced Jumper pilots if none of you guys needs a ride.

One thing to consider is the cost of getting there on Tuesday and staying thru the Sat demo.
Many motels are availiable in Greenville which is 25 mi away from Triple Tree. Reservations need to be made early as most attendees not staying in an RV will probably be staying around Greenville.

This is just a few things to think about before signing up for the event. Gary V. probably has more info as he goes ther almost every year. What about it Gary?

Jim
Old 02-03-2010, 01:15 AM
superbee-rc

Please remember the Joe Nall is looking for rc skydivers for the Noon Day show.  This will beThursady friday and saturday of the event.  I have talked to a few people to help us organize this. So please use this thread or contact me for any information.   All suggestion are welcome.

Mark Davidson

www.joenall.com
Old 02-03-2010, 07:21 AM
R/C Skydiver

Well what about it guys, anybody want to give it a try???? They probably need to know soon.

Jim
Old 02-03-2010, 08:23 AM
superbee-rc

This is the most unique photo ever taken at the Nall. It is like google streetview but, from the air. When your looking at it use the mouse to pan. Also click on the text with the ghost heli to jump to a new location on the field. I think their is 4 or 5 of them.

http://www.vistaaerials.com/images/flash/Joe-Nall-Pano-Set/JoeNall2009.html
Old 02-03-2010, 11:49 AM
goldenknight1

Jim; Money kinda tight for me this year will make Toledo and Muncie There is nothing more that I wanted but the way economy is wish all of you who go give them a good show

Bob
Fair Winds And Blue skies to all
Old 02-03-2010, 12:45 PM
twin3d

Make sure you save something for Centerburg in July...

Mike S.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:28 PM
JuanF

Mike,
That is what Bob meant when he said Toledo. I think he has a problem with geography. Either that or he can't spell big words like "Centerburg".
Juan

PS: I had sent you a PM about your Seattle trip.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:58 PM
goldenknight1

I know how to spell Centetville I can remember how to spell Fernad??? ha ha ha

Bob
Old 02-04-2010, 08:38 AM
twin3d

Hi Juan,
I replied back to your PM but, for some reason they don't seem to be getting to you. I actually emailed you twice. I will be traveling to that area again this year we will have to plan something when that time comes.

Mike
Old 02-04-2010, 08:40 AM
twin3d

Well he is from MO and we all know how those guy's are.....
Old 02-04-2010, 08:52 AM
twin3d

Jim,
Right now Paul Fannin and are planning to go regardless if we are sky diving or not. It does not apprear that Reiner will be coming. I don't know about anyone else. My concern is tree's and airplanes. I have mixed feelings about the whole thing, there are a lot of variables involved with droping a jumper at this type of event. The functions of a skydiver are not perfect yet and I would consider it a large risk doing somehting at this type of event.

Mike
Old 02-04-2010, 11:19 AM
R/C Skydiver

Mike,

I agree with you especially after seeing the photo of the field. The distance from the flight line to the trees is not enough space to safely drop even on a calm day. A guy dropped a Mike a few years back at the old field and he wound up in the trees. (much more than 75' from flight line to trees there). The guy is a great skydiver pilot too!

None of the other guys have expressed any interest in making a jump so I think we should let them know we can't get enough people to make a safe mass jump like they want. Like Gary, I don't want to land on top of a biiiig expensive airplane or in the trees.

It takes a lot for me to "Chicken out"[&o] but I think that's the right thing to do.

I hope to go on Thurs and Fri. Hope I can see ya'll there.

Jim
Old 03-08-2010, 04:07 PM
carden cap

Jim, this is Chris, I believe if you get experienced jumper pilots to pilot the jumpers you should have no problem. The distance between the flight line and the trees is about as much distance as we have at Mac's with the "fly-in" line to the runway across from us. Right to left you have more than enough room. Myself, Ryan, Buddy, Mac and I believe Trey will be there so if you need some experienced jumper pilots we'll be there to help.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:35 PM
R/C Skydiver

Anybody want to reconsider the Joe Nall skydiving invitation? Chris has flown my Stinger jump plane many times and has jumped both my Mike and Charly skydivers at differeny fly ins around this area. There would be no shortage of qualified jump plane pilots or skydiver pilots in the group that Chris mentions.

They want more than just one jump plane to participate in order to have a bunch of skydivers in the air at one time.

Anyone interested?

Jim
Old 03-08-2010, 05:53 PM
GaryV

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't counted it out, I think the noon demos run Wed. thru Sat.
I think the biggest concern would be the wind and the direction it is coming from.
We will do all of the skydiver releases over the lake, the worst we could do is kill a couple of fish HA,HA

I still don't know when I will be there, I usually don't go until thursday.
Wes is planning on going down on Sunday and stay all week.

I still don't have the Giant Telemaster ready, now it needs a little more work.
Moron me thought it would be a good idea to throw a motorcycle tire up in the air while standing beside it.
Needles to say I missed it, and it came down on the horizontal stab knocking some stringers loose.

The plan is to have it set up to drop four skydivers.

GaryV
Old 03-08-2010, 05:58 PM
twin3d

Fannin and I are not going, to many safety risks. It is different at an actual Skydive event. Everyone is aware of what could happen. I would feel horrible if something happened to someone or their airplane due to wind or a diver not opening. We are all good pilots but, with that much going on and that many nice airplanes, I agree with Gary's earlier post. I'll pass.

Mike S.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:57 PM
BMW325Ci

Jim bring your skydivers!! You have enough jumpers and planes to do a well done show! If anything the only concern would be wind. I think the best place to release the jumpers would be out to the left or right, towards the lake. I'm sure you will be able to do some test jumps to really see how they would work out with 5 or 6 or more in the air. Remember at the Pop Curtis, we all did really well with the winds, and everyone pretty much caught the jumper. Even you caught it and the jumper had no inputs. LOL See you there!!
Old 05-01-2010, 11:49 PM
superbee-rc

I spoke with Mike Gregory toyday and we are all looking forwad to the skydivers for the noon demo. 
Old 05-02-2010, 03:42 PM
R/C Skydiver

Yea, we did do a good job at the Pop Curtis flyin at Mac's, but we have done some bad jumps there too! I only have one jump plane to drop 3 jumpers anyway.

Superbee-rc, looks like we can't get a mass skydiver jump for ya'll. Sorry about that!

Chris, I have to save my pennies for the July trip to Columbus, Oh to participate in their 2nd annual Skydiver Competition. Come on up and you can use one of my Mikes!

Mike S. I practiced a HALO yesterday-can't give you the results. Dont want to give away my special jump techniques!!![>:]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.