RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   R/C Sky Diving (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/r-c-sky-diving-474/)
-   -   jumpers and planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/r-c-sky-diving-474/5597415-jumpers-planes.html)

goldenknight1 03-21-2007 07:19 PM

jumpers and planes

1 Attachment(s)
here are some pics of jumpers and jump planes I have used the quaker is have more pics of my newer planes for jumpersmy old drop plane

spinbotz 03-21-2007 08:49 PM

RE: jumpers and planes

Nice!!! wished I lived closer to ya, I'd be able to get some tips and a ride to the sky for my skydiver. *now nearly finished. I'm building his second pack,*the first one won't work as is...*
I'm also making a custom made drop box that can be switched from plane to plane or even helicopters.

JuanF 03-22-2007 12:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A few pictures of my jumpers. The one in the red jumpsuit is the original RC Skydiver from England. I used a Sweetstick 40 as the drop plane. It was a very marginal aircraft to use but it was all I had at the time. The next aircraft I used was a Sweetstick 60 it worked better but still not what I needed. I finally got a Senior Telemaster I originally I used a Supre Tigre .75 and now I have switched to a Super Tiger 25cc engine. The last picture shows "Little Juan" strapped under the Senior Telemaster. I have since started using a drop box.

onecuwldood 03-23-2007 06:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's HILLBILLY's setup from a Mall Show pic last year. He's has since started using a Senior Frontier for dropping instead of a Kadet.

skydiver 03-23-2007 09:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some photos from Central Ohio. Wilga, German "OHA", Dornier Do-27 and a Steve jumper built by Jules Malfliet for me. It has a TV Products canopy from Theo Vaesen in Belgium

Paul

goldenknight1 03-23-2007 09:44 AM

ORIGINAL: spinbotz

Nice!!! wished I lived closer to ya, I'd be able to get some tips and a ride to the sky for my skydiver. *now nearly finished. I'm building his second pack,*the first one won't work as is...*
I'm also making a custom made drop box that can be switched from plane to plane or even helicopters.
:D Sinbotz will send you pictures from sommeraet and muncie when I get back and will send you some of my test drops also BLUE SKIES AND KEEP THE WIND IN YOUR FACE

goldenknight1 03-23-2007 10:10 AM

ORIGINAL: skydiver

Here are some photos from Central Ohio. Wilga, German "OHA", Dornier Do-27 and a Steve jumper built by Jules Malfliet for me. It has a TV Products canopy from Theo Vaesen in Belgium

Paul
:D Paul Are you going to bring one of them to sommerset, or
muncie rallies. They look fantastic nice color schemes too, look forward to seeing you agian at the rallies.

BOB
fair winds and blue skies

goldenknight1 03-23-2007 10:14 AM

ORIGINAL: onecuwldood

Here's HILLBILLY's setup from a Mall Show pic last year. He's has since started using a Senior Frontier for dropping instead of a Kadet.

:D Nice picture of hillbilly's display at the mall will see you guys at sommerset

bob in st. louis fair winds and blue skies to everybody in SOMMERSET[8D]

skydiver 03-23-2007 12:22 PM

I'l probably bring the Wilga again, it's my favorite.

The OHA is used in Europe a lot. Over there the jump plane pilots frequently get paid for their rides. So, they prefer a model that can get upstairs fast, release the jumpers and dive back down to pick up another pair. The OHA is a good jump plane but not like the Wilga.

JuanF 03-25-2007 10:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A picture of Little Juan. He is a homemade design. His body is all wood parts and the arms and legs are made of wire. The boots, hands and head are commercial products. The parachute is a Paravision which is manufactured by by Bob Deadmond (AKA Goldenknight1). At the present time I have about 30 drops on this parachute and it is a great flying parachute. I really wanted a camouflage parachute but no one is making Lo-porosity camo material so I settled for Olive Drab.

GeeW 03-25-2007 12:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A couple of images of Li'l Dude (IHL Junior) awaiting the next mission under my jump plane.
Li'l Dude has been a reliable performer to date, his only draw back is that the wind has to be light to get the best from him. Link shows his 3rd Jump.
http://www.sebrfc.org.uk/Video/007.wmv
Jump plane is a Pheonix Rainbow, powered by an Axi 2820/10 with 12 x 6 prop on 3 LiPo 3200 pack. Each charge gives easy three climbs to 900' plus a few minutes of loiter time or circuits.
Excellent model for jump plane as has impeccable low speed handling even at high take-off weights.

Best Regards

Gordon

JuanF 03-25-2007 12:48 PM

Gordon,
You said that your Li'l Dude works best in light wind conditions. How much does he weigh? My jumper Little Juan originally weighed around 1.5 pounds and like you I had a problem unless the winds were light. I have since increased his weight to 2.5 pounds and he handles the wind much better. Hope this helps out.
Juan

GeeW 03-25-2007 05:14 PM

JuanF
Including a 3 oz weightbelt that I insist he wears at all times to stop him floating away his AUW is 11 ozs.....
I am considering adding another couple of oz though.

Regards

Gordon

spinbotz 03-25-2007 10:02 PM

Thanks, will try to, I might be chicken for doing this, but I will try Static Line drops even with the fact I have mounted a pilot chute to tug out the main upon drop.

JuanF 03-26-2007 09:46 AM

Gordon,
I should have thought of asking: How big is your "Li'l dude"? My jumpers is 18" tall and I have weighted him to 2.5 lbs. At the present time the highest winds I've dropped my jumper here is around 12 MPH and he was holding into the wind quite well. Hope this helps you out.
Juan

GeeW 03-26-2007 04:14 PM

JuanF
My Big Dude ( a SkydivingUSA dude) currently weighs in at 2 lb. I hope this week to fit him with some ballast to get his weight up to similar to yours.

Regards

Gordon

aileron101 03-27-2007 08:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple of pics of Mike. The drop Plane is a Sig Kadet Sr ARF that was modified for the task. Originally it had a Saito .91 in the nose but on a hot summer day it would be somewhat marginal for power and it took a long long time to get to altitude. After an unschheduled modification (due to dumb thumbs) of the nose of the plane it now sports a Saito 1.80 in the nose. Getting to altitude in a hurry is not a problem anymore. The flag is a 3' x 5' lightweight nylon flag. I usually open our events by dropping Mike in while the national anthem is playing. A few times now I have actually landed mike on the runway as the last note was played. unfortunately, that was more luck than skill in our Kansas wind.

spinbotz 03-28-2007 01:57 AM

That's a really nice chute there, Juan, X3 I got plain white, since I wasn't sure how expensive it would be to get a colored chute.

JuanF 03-28-2007 06:53 AM

Spinbotz,
Thanks for the compliment. The Paravision is really a sweet flying parachute. As I said in my other post I would have liked a camouflage colored parachute but no one is making loporosity camo material. I got my parachute from Robert Deadmond and he charges the same price for single color parachutes. You'd have to check with him about two or more colors in a parachute. You need to post some pictures of your jumper.
Juan

goldenknight1 03-28-2007 04:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: goldenknight1

here are some pics of jumpers and jump planes I have used the quaker is have more pics of my newer planes for jumpersmy old drop plane
sorry forgot to add my other two planes and pitures of my 20 inch jumpers
:D

broodwa 03-30-2007 01:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all great to have a forum at last.

Here are some photos of my two divers. The bodies I construct myself. The 2nd diver uses a locally produced chute so he is al made in South Africa!! I will post better photos of the divers over the weekend.

These photos were taken at a recent fly-in, it shows my own drop plane and a friend of mine’s Extra 330 which we used for the first time as two jumper drop plane.

The previous double drop plane a 1/3 scale Raven as seen in the Feb issue of RC Model World crashed later that day the photo was taken:(. Luckily the two jumpers bailed just before she met mother earth, everyone said it had a great scale effect!! The Raven pilot did not agree[:@]. We suspect a faulty aileron servo because it was flying level and all of a sudden snapped, into a roll and came down nose first, he just couldn’t get it out of the dive.

Anyhow enjoy the photos will post some more soon.

Regards,
Fanie

goldenknight1 03-30-2007 12:18 PM

broodwa very nice pictures of jumpers and your aircrafts boy I bet that 33% percent Raven realy hauls them up. glad to see you fella are usin equipment like we, there is a pilot and jumper who has a beautiful WIGLA. He has it posted on this page with two new ones keep on jumping and have fun.
fair winds and blue skies
BOB:D:D[8D]

Ucak 03-30-2007 10:58 PM

Broodwa,

Fantastic looks like you'r having fun in SAfrica. I am looking at getting it going here in Turkey waiting on my chute in the mail now. Still thinking about how to make my man. If you have time I would like to see some pictures of your jumper without the suite so I could see the setup on your arms. Pictures of both sides would be great.

Thanks

Brad

skydiver 03-31-2007 10:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are three photos of the Pamamax MIKE which is available in kit form from Germany paramax.de The jumper uses a canopy with a 1.5m span.

The components are fibre glass and plastic. The photos show the operating arm arrangements using two servos and a third servo for the canopy release.

Paul

Ucak 03-31-2007 11:41 AM

What is the largest/heaviest RC Diver that anyone has seen? Any "giant" scale out there? I've looked around the net but found nothing yet.

Thanks

Ucak