Go Back  RCU Forums > Classifieds & Marketplace > Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Using a Spektrum Receiver with a Nitro Motor?

Community
Search
Notices
Radio Equipment View all radio equipment for sale right here.

Using a Spektrum Receiver with a Nitro Motor?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2023, 06:30 AM
Bigdipper99

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Using a Spektrum Receiver with a Nitro Motor?

I'm trying to set up an older Sig Kadet that has a nitro engine to fly with a modern Spektrum AR 410 receiver. I'm not quite sure how to do this. I have a DX6e Spektrum radio but I'm not sure if I also need to include an ESC. If anyone has done this type of set up, I'd appreciate the info. I want to keep the plane nitro. Thanks
Old 11-10-2023, 06:33 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

You just need a receiver battery.
Old 11-10-2023, 07:04 AM
tedsander

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts

Just make sure the battery you use doesn't exceed about 6v. NiCad, NiMh, LiFe in the 4.8 to 6v range all will work. A LiPo will be too much, and risk damage to the electronics. You'll need a switch between the battery and receiver as a convenience to turn the electronics on and off, rather than having to take the plane apart to plug it in. Mount it on the side opposite the engine exhaust, to avoid oil getting into it. You'll be very surprised at how many long flights you can get out of one smallish pack, before you have to recharge it, if you've only flown electric before. I get 6 15 min flights out of a 700mah pack with a 4 ch .40 size trainer. Likely can push it for a few more, but I'm conservative....number of servos, their power will change that equation a bit.
Old 11-14-2023, 07:36 PM
c/f
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I use 2S Lipo, 1000MAH with an 8 amp 5V-6V SBEC double sided taped directly on lipo and place in airframe as needed. Power RX thru a Y harness on the throttle servo that drive nitro carberator.

OR

This is cool...........

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...e-display.html
Old 11-15-2023, 06:45 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by c/f
I use 2S Lipo, 1000MAH with an 8 amp 5V-6V SBEC double sided taped directly on lipo and place in airframe as needed. Power RX thru a Y harness on the throttle servo that drive nitro carberator.

OR

This is cool...........

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...e-display.html
Yea, that is cool. It's also not available and no ETA at this time. That's the problem with almost everything I see at HobbyKing.
Old 11-16-2023, 01:05 PM
c/f
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Well then take a looksy in this link some show instock if you have interest still.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Turn...ih=670&biw=412
Old 11-26-2023, 11:14 AM
ocrcdude
My Feedback: (179)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep it simple like tedsander said no need for a esc just the switch between the battery and receiver plug it in the

Rx plug that's for power it may have a switch already if it was flown glow you can use any size 4.8 V nmh or nicad battery I use 1200 mAh and it's good for the day like 4/5 flights