Search
Notices

Transfering model memory to new Tx

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 08:06 AM
pilotdb09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transfering model memory to new Tx

Does anyone have a suggestion for transferring 7 model memories FROM a Spektrum DX 7 - TO a Spektrum DX 9?

I guess I can manually read each models settings, write them down and manually install each in the DX 9, OR would it be possible to enter them into a computer first, then download them into the DX 9's SD card?

Any ideas?
Old 10-15-2013, 08:51 AM
grosbeak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I went from a Futaba T7C to a Futabe T8FGS I copied them down and reentered them - it didn't occur to me to try and use the SD card. You would have to know what format the radio uses before you try to create a file on the card.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:07 AM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you MAY be able to figure it out with a computer:
1) create a simple / default model on the DX9 and save it to the SD card.
2) put the SD card into your computer and examine the file with a text editor. (things like model name, channel assignments etc)
3) with the card still in the computer, make 7 copies of the file created in step 1
4) modify those 7 copies as appropriate (model names, channel directions, mixes etc)
5) put the card back into the DX9 and import the new profiles

I'm NOT positive the above will work... frankly it would likely be just as easy to write the DX7 info down on paper and manually enter them.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:24 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Easiest- most reliable-safeftway.
load each model separately from watching both tx or from writing down all info and then transferring it
it is just too easy to miss a reversal or find a mix which is not workable -for whatever reason.
The new tx from Spektrum, the 6-9 18-10t- use same building blocks in each - these allow shifting the models round -intact.
The 7- 8 used an earlier set of building blocks and will not share info.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:36 PM
coriolan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may want to edit "Libby is still watching you", its actually Liddy which was doing the watching way back then:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G._Gordon_Liddy