Community
Search
Notices
Radio Manufacturer Direct Support Direct Reps from the largest radio manufacturers are here to answer your questions.

DX7 Battery Question---Weird

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 12:02 PM
Rfabbre
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb DX7 Battery Question---Weird

I have 2 DX7 transmitters. The batteries in one of them went dead and I built a new eight cell NICAD battery pack. (FYI, I routinely build all sorts of battery packs and have never had a problem). All the connections are fine and then voltage checks just as it should.

When I installed the new NICAD pack in the older of the two radios and turned the radio on, I got a rapid beeping sound and a blank screen. I turned it off, took the newly constructed battery pack out and installed the battery pack from the newer DX7. Now, when I turned the older DX7 on, it worked just fine.

Somewhat confused, I then put my newly constructed battery pack in the newer DX7 and turned it on. It worked perfectly. Weird. Then I reversed the process putting the new batteries back in the older radio and got the same beeping sound as soon as I turned it on.

This seems crazy to me. Both DX7s work fine on one of the battery packs, but the older DX7 will not work on the new battery pack. I have switched back and forth several times and always get the same result. Both packs are fully charged, have solid connections and the correct voltage output.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanx
Old 02-09-2014, 10:35 PM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Connector female connector pins may be not making decent contact. I ran into this when I inadvertently grabbed the wrong female pins to assemble into a servo type connector.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:51 PM
Rfabbre
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, that could be the problem but why would that pack work in one TX and not the other? And why would it cause it to beep?
Old 02-10-2014, 02:48 PM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One TX has cleaner or slightly larger pins?
The beep may be a sign of poor or intermittent contact.
Faced with this sort of problem, I'd likely figure out how to connect a DVM to things, and measure voltage at the TX.
There can be some really odd problems, such as a poor solder joint in the TX. I had one case of a case<g> pressing on a circuit board and wires
(Older Futaba) only when a certain TX battery was used, Turned out that the battery was not exactly square on the end, so when it was
inserted one way, the TX worked properly, The other way, it didn't.