Community
Search
Notices
Radio Manufacturer Direct Support Direct Reps from the largest radio manufacturers are here to answer your questions.

lock out

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 06:03 AM
robersteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lock out

hi,iīm Norberto from Argentina.
iīll to share some radio issues thatīs going on in our club

a few month ago i lost my ultra flash due a lock out in my futaba 10cg with 14ch reciver, later itīs been 6 fail safe situations on different friendīs airplanes.
all have been futaba radios,8sg,14 sg, 10cg. since my lost i switched to Spektrum after 20 years of flying just Futaba. we have two well defined areas where "interferences" happens.
has anyone have similar expirences?
do you think any wifi signal could be the cause.
htere are two big antennas at 1 mile aprox.but i donīt know what signal they transmit.
any idea will be welcome.
thanks
Old 12-31-2014, 08:23 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by robersteam
hi,iīm Norberto from Argentina.
iīll to share some radio issues thatīs going on in our club

a few month ago i lost my ultra flash due a lock out in my futaba 10cg with 14ch reciver, later itīs been 6 fail safe situations on different friendīs airplanes.
all have been futaba radios,8sg,14 sg, 10cg. since my lost i switched to Spektrum after 20 years of flying just Futaba. we have two well defined areas where "interferences" happens.
has anyone have similar expirences?
do you think any wifi signal could be the cause.
htere are two big antennas at 1 mile aprox.but i donīt know what signal they transmit.
any idea will be welcome.
thanks
So you say several different Futaba radios were locking up , and you switched to Spektrum , and the lockouts went away ?

To be honest , this is MOST ironic , since it's usually folks blaming Spektrum and saying Futaba saved the day . Either way , if both were Frequency hopping protocols of transmission , of equal output power , I know of no possible explaination for Futaba's 2.4 GHZ signal would be lost and Spektrum's would be unaffected EXCEPT that maybe if the Spektrum's satellites were far enough spaced apart to still catch some signal . I would like to hear more about each radio setup , the actual hardware and placement of such , before I would say for sure it is the satellites saving the day .

Either way , with a couple of known , repeatable interference areas at this site , I'd say for sure stay the hell outta the "two well defined areas where interference happens" at the very least , and possibly consider finding a site with no such built in electronic hazard .........
Old 12-31-2014, 01:38 PM
robersteam

Originally Posted by init4fun
So you say several different Futaba radios were locking up , and you switched to Spektrum , and the lockouts went away ?

To be honest , this is MOST ironic , since it's usually folks blaming Spektrum and saying Futaba saved the day . Either way , if both were Frequency hopping protocols of transmission , of equal output power , I know of no possible explaination for Futaba's 2.4 GHZ signal would be lost and Spektrum's would be unaffected EXCEPT that maybe if the Spektrum's satellites were far enough spaced apart to still catch some signal . I would like to hear more about each radio setup , the actual hardware and placement of such , before I would say for sure it is the satellites saving the day .

Either way , with a couple of known , repeatable interference areas at this site , I'd say for sure stay the hell outta the "two well defined areas where interference happens" at the very least , and possibly consider finding a site with no such built in electronic hazard .........

so far this is what we could figure out.the problem is that weīre afraid to fly,and weīre talking about a 160 flyers field. two weeks ago i was flying a FEJ Bae Hawk for a friend of mine,he was trading the plane for a super scorpion and some more turbine stuff.after a few minutes flying i felt theīre was no control on the plane,then suddenly it came back. i was on the north corner of our field,so i decided to land. they closed the deal and next weekend he brought the Super to fly.during the first fly the plane locked out for a few second ,then came back to control but hit a tree.total lost of the airframe,by the way both airplanes weīre using the same transmiter,futaba 14 sg,and same reciver futaba 6014. weīre very worried about this..
Old 12-31-2014, 04:52 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Robert, when you lose control of the plane does the turbine go into failsafe and shut down?
Old 01-01-2015, 05:29 PM
robersteam

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
Robert, when you lose control of the plane does the turbine go into failsafe and shut down?
yes sir!!! no doubt it was fail safe
Old 01-18-2015, 10:41 PM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"There are two big antennas at 1 mile aprox.but i donīt know what signal they transmit."
If those are high power transmitter antennas, they can cause problems.
In general, what can happen is that the "front end" circuitry of a receiver is saturated by a high power RF signal.
This causes the sensitivity of the receiver to degrade. There might be a millions to one ratio of the high power RF to
the low power RC TX. Even if the RX has 'protection circuitry", that might still allow the RX to not "see" the RC TX signal.
In the US, WiFi signal strength is low enough that it's unlikely to cause problems, and modern TX/RX's can usually
work in the presence of such things. GHZ RF can sometime "bounce", due to various reasons, and a tower may
be reflecting some of a very high power signal. It would take an RF Survey to really tell.
Old 01-12-2020, 05:52 AM
AlainMajda

Hi, It happened to me 3 years ago, with my FUTABA 10 CG transmitter and R6014HS receiver. I lost control of the airplane soddenly in a middle of a flight and my airplane crashes. Now i'm planning to go back flight again, but afraid of my futaba 10cg and it s receiver. this is why i'm here today making research over the internet and saw this Tread, to make sure the 10CG and the R6014HS don't have some known issues. I have a question that is bothering me... Why The 10CG was so fast discontinued ? And do you guys suggest me to by a new receiver instead of the 6014? Thanks guys,
Cheers.