Community
Search
Notices
Radio Manufacturer Direct Support Direct Reps from the largest radio manufacturers are here to answer your questions.

Help with Xicoy Telemetry2 configuration

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 04:01 PM
jctpro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help with Xicoy Telemetry2 configuration

I have a Xicoy Telemetry2 adaptor that I would like to configure to connect a Jet Speed sensor to my Futaba Sbus2 receiver. Anyone know how to do this? Do I need another device to do the configuration?
Old 06-14-2021, 08:25 PM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Replying to a rather old thread:

All the telemetry adapter does is translate the serial data output from the ECU to a format the receiver can handle to transmit back to the transmitter.

To get speed data the ECU must supply that info to the adapter.

If the ECU does not have a speed/pitot lead then you need something else to produce that data.

On my setup (note I do not use Futaba), I used the Xicoy Flight computer (FC) to generate both GPS and Speed telemetry data which is fed directly to the telemetry receiver.

Originally I purchased a telemetry adapter, but found that since I had the flight computer, it served no purpose in that particular jet.

I moved it to a different plane where it talks to the ECU directly.

Hookup information is found here: Microsoft Word - Telemetry5 en vermell.doc (xicoy.com)

Last edited by opjose; 06-14-2021 at 08:29 PM.