Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Looking to get another high end 1/8 scale buggy

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Looking to get another high end 1/8 scale buggy

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 06:42 PM
RRHobbyDepot
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking to get another high end 1/8 scale buggy

I personally love my Caster F8T, I've got CVDs, 1267 Mg Savox servo, Ace cougar ps3i radio, MMM 2200kv system with 2 11.1v 3s lipos 25C 5000mah. Adding a Jconcepts body. Just can't get enough. I think that 1/8th scale is a really good size.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:33 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was at a big hobby fair yesterday, and looked over the new version of the LRP buggy... Really cool.. Complicated looking linkages, but still, the buggy looks full of neat features.. It's got some cool moving parts at the carriers / hubs - something like that - so it's still steering when the buggy is fully compressed.. Hard to explain.. But cool. Looks beefy too..
Old 10-03-2010, 03:11 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I just ordered a 3PKS FASST system for whatever buggy I get . I have a DX3r but I want to try something new.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:40 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, now I've made it even more confusing. Now I'm looking at waiting for the Durango DNX408 and maybe getting their DEX410 for my electric fix until then.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:32 PM
hakmazter

Technically, you could buy a Caster nitro buggy and an electric conversion kit and you could swap back and forth with about 20 minutes of wrench time, maybe less.....

Only since you mentioned you wanted to do both.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:14 PM
Nik.

cant you do that with any converted buggy?
Old 10-31-2011, 09:34 PM
hydroboy
My Feedback: (1)

Just noticed how old this thread was but heck I found it, so....... I feel that they are all quality buggies but I love my RC8E w/RX8 2650 combo. That said I have replaced a couple of things I think are of note. First off the stock shock towers suck. Wiped out hard and bent the front which blew out both shocks. Rplace with the carbon fiber towers and threaded shocks great ever since. Streering top plate is somewhat brittle but learning to drive better fixed that problem. Overall all the 1/8 scale buggies seem to be tough as hell compared to anything 1/10th scale I've ever owned. Definately a step up in everyway! Tekin or MM personal choice, I think I'll try a MM set up in my next car so I can make up my own mind they are definately cheaper. BTW larger tracks are the way to go, these things are crazy on small tracks!