Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Need help with Brakes on Hurricane XTR by Redcat Racing

Hey guys,

I have been having one hell of a time adjusting and getting the brakes to do there job on this 1/8 scale Nitro Redcat Hurricane xtr I recently purchased. I have tried everything from adjusting tension on the servo sliders/springs to removing the whole damn main gearbox with the brake housing and tigtening the brake rotors themselves against the metal pads. I have 2 of this buggy and they both have no stopping power whatsoever. The pads on both vehicles look like friction has taken its toll just from the regular friction that takes place while letting off the trigger. The thing that gets me though is they seem to be burning up the rotors regardless of how loose they are between the metal pads. Any bright ideas on a fix would be greaty appreciated on getting these brakes to work at all. Thanks!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Need help with Brakes on Hurricane XTR by Redcat Racing

Try screwing in the plastic ends on the brakes arms Ihad a similar issue with a Tornado that i was using and it fixed the problem

Cheers
    Benjamin@rchobbystarter.com
    Toronto, Ontario
    Redcat, Venom authorized dealer