Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

newbie wants advise!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 12:01 PM
braddos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie wants advise!

Hey folks,

I am thinking about getting into a buggy it will be my first rc. I love the look of the buggys so that is where my heart is.Iwant to go nitro because running for 10 minutes then going off to charge up again doesn't soundlike much fun. I need some advise on a buggy. TheLHS recommended a Thunder Tiger Tomahawk for $300, however I am also looking at a Kyoshoand 1 or 2 other buggys too. Any and all advise would be great!! It seemsto me that Kyoshoand Tamiyawould be better quality buggysam I right?
Old 02-27-2011, 12:36 PM
Supersoldier236

Default RE: newbie wants advise!

From everything i read and see all buggies are the same depending on price range.  like most $300 dollar buggies are the same as other $300 dollar buggies.  All $500 dollar buggies are about the same, and so on.  it pretty much comes down to what you like, you'll get a million opinions on which to get and the difference between this one and that one.  i say just do your research and find the one that catches your eye.  myself i'm an ofna fan, i like the durability of them.  im just saying get what you want and not what someone else tells you to get.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:59 PM
braddos

Thanks Sup! I will definitely be getting the one that catchs my interest, but it is always worth while learning as much as I can about the options and if there are things to learn from some experienced users before hand then i want to know. I'm one of those types that learns a much as I can before I make a decision. I realize that all forums are full of opinions and biases but only because the folks have a passion for the topic right. Anyway, any advise would be wecome. I have looked at the company you like but I think they may be a higher price point than I am willing to go to right now.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Supersoldier236

Yeah I agree, some of the OFNA's are a little pricey, but they have great support after you purchase one.  And if you're looking in the 300 dollar range you might want to look at the Hyper 7, I love that car.  It's not the fastest, but it is a real contender if you want to race it and if you're just going to bash it's good there too.  The thing is pretty indestructible, all i've ever broken on mine is a steering knuckle because i drove it straight into a curb at like 40 MPH.  It was my fault not even the cars.  Not to mention the new Hyper 7 TQ black edition comes with a mach .28 engine instead of the Hyper .21 that mine has. 

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Radio-Mach-28
Old 02-27-2011, 03:47 PM
braddos

I have never looked at that one (heading to website now...). It sounmds like a good one to consider! Do you know how this onemight compare to one of the Kyosho infernos?
Old 02-27-2011, 06:48 PM
McWolf_101

As SS236 rightly said, most, if not all, of anything in this great hobby that is within the same price range are quite similar in performance. Choose what you like and can afford, and have fun .
Old 02-27-2011, 08:18 PM
rcfanatic55
My Feedback: (12)

very true my thunder tiger eb4 s3 in my gallery the orange really upgrsaded one thats nice and cheap stock really durable also can get parts everywhere for it
Old 02-28-2011, 06:55 AM
lez1troubles

You really can NOT go wrong with the Kyosho INFERNO series buggies, no matter which one you buy. KYOSHO has always had top of the line kit since the beginning of RC.
Spare parts are easy to get hold of eather at your local hobby store or WWW.INFERNOSONLY.COM.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:46 PM
k_pop

ORIGINAL: lez1troubles

You really can NOT go wrong with the Kyosho INFERNO series buggies, no matter which one you buy. KYOSHO has always had top of the line kit since the beginning of RC.
Spare parts are easy to get hold of eather at your local hobby store or WWW.INFERNOSONLY.COM.
i'd have todisagree! do NOT get the RTR inferno sport! the engine is garbage, and doesn't useuniversalmounts. so you'll have to purchase the mp777 mounts to get a new engine in it! the stocker will not tune, and will runnnnnnnn hottttttttttttttt. if your new in the nitro scene, it's a very hard finicky motor! just my 2 cents.

k

Old 03-01-2011, 06:47 AM
ntrain42

ORIGINAL: lez1troubles

Careful, this one thinks a Tamiya Sand Scorcher is a kick ass kit......................