Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Ok now what?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Onslaught

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok now what?

Since it was a wonderful day out today. I decided to try and start the break in of my Backdraft 3.5 Nitro buggy. So I get it started and it ran for about 2 or 3 minutes then it just quits. I start it again and it runs for a few more minutes then quits again. It seems like its idling a little high but I checked the gap and it looks to be 1mm so I dont think its that. Any ideas as to what is wrong? I'm using Dynamite Sport 20% Nitro in it. I havent even been able to run 1 full tank thru it. Kind of getting frustrated. Anybody have any clues or any input? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Dealspeed
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: Ok now what?

How many turns out is the HSN? And also check your lsn
Old 04-06-2011, 12:14 AM
pigpen1
My Feedback: (2)

take this to the redcat  forum befor you get bashed here
Old 04-06-2011, 04:51 AM
lez1troubles

Hi dude, check out Ali Shanmao's REDCAT BACKDRAFT vidio's on you tube, he gives a pretty good well detailed set up explenation.
He will also help with the carb settings.
Hope this helps, have fun M8.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:54 AM
lez1troubles

By the way, Pigpen, this is the buggy forum and seems how the Redcat 3.5cc buggy IS a buggy Onslaught has every right to ask any question he wishes about his buggy with out anybody coming in and bashing on it. Be cool dude.[8D]
Old 04-06-2011, 05:01 AM
lez1troubles

Onslaught, more info for you if it helps,
[email protected] for chat n support with Alishanmao.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:02 AM
formula87

ORIGINAL: lez1troubles

Hi dude, check out Ali Shanmao's REDCAT BACKDRAFT vidio's on you tube, he gives a pretty good well detailed set up explenation.
+1 for Ali has good vids on these models and +1 for the Redcat forum.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:24 PM
rccheech

I got into a huge dispute with that clown on youtube, I'll admit he has a good presentation(but thats it), but if you watch his videos his advise points any noobie in the direction of headaches and disaster. Funny someone mentioned him, this dispute just happened less than three weeks ago. He does not handle constuctive criticizim very well......Oh well, thats another story, guess all I'm trying to say is...I wouldnt take any of his advise on tuning or break in.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:51 PM
formula87

ORIGINAL: rccheech

I got into a huge dispute with that clown on youtube, I'll admit he has a good presentation(but thats it), but if you watch his videos his advise points any noobie in the direction of headaches and disaster. Funny someone mentioned him, this dispute just happened less than three weeks ago. He does not handle constuctive criticizim very well......Oh well, thats another story, guess all I'm trying to say is...I wouldnt take any of his advise on tuning or break in.
Maybe it's a newb thing What was disputed? He has never done me wrong the times I've talked to him..... Onslaught Just call any of the guys at Redcat and they can help you. Chris or Brian...
Old 04-06-2011, 10:39 PM
ilanstylz
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: pigpen1

take this to the redcat forum befor you get bashed here
Seriously if your not willing to help, why even post?

Whats the weather like when you tried to do the break in? I suggest try heating it up first with a blow dryer or heat gun, also check for air leaks, I always seal my nitro engines before I even break them in......

Old 04-07-2011, 06:29 PM
rccheech

ORIGINAL: formula87

ORIGINAL: rccheech

Maybe it's a newb thing What was disputed? He has never done me wrong the times I've talked to him..... Onslaught Just call any of the guys at Redcat and they can help you. Chris or Brian...
It's a really long story, part of it was how he tuned the engine by trying to set the lsn first, then started messing with the hsn, then back to the low....The hsn should be set first, then mess with the low speed needle....anyways just a long story, then he started with name calling probably because he knew he was wrong. Really good for somebody who works for a company, and need to look professoinal for the customers....lol.