Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

HPI Vorza Flux HP

Old 05-03-2011, 04:52 AM
golfandcards

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI Vorza Flux HP

Thanks, Ilike that method. Ihave always just eyed it out then fed the paper in the mesh to check it (done that for years now and never had a problem). Iwill try the paper first method and hopefully that will help. I should be getting my robinson racing pinion in soon. Do you have a Vorza? Anyone with a Vorza seen this before? This definetly should not be happening though right?
Old 05-04-2011, 06:18 AM
golfandcards

I am about to race my first official race this weekend. Any last tips available from anyone? If Iam driving in my line it is okay to nudge someone a little bit trying to get inside a corner?
Old 05-04-2011, 06:26 AM
formula87

ORIGINAL: golfandcards

I am about to race my first official race this weekend. Any last tips available from anyone? If Iam driving in my line it is okay to nudge someone a little bit trying to get inside a corner?
Do unto others as you would have them ect.......................... if you are a rookie and doing that to get the upper hand andyou complete a pass you may get punted later on. just my 2c.... race clean follow the faster cars and wait for a mistake. keep pressure on them.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:52 AM
golfandcards

Okay that's what Ithought. It's just that my buddies and Irace around a lot on the track and Isee myself passing them a lot causing accidents sometime. Mainly because Iwont turn around them when coming into a corner or something. I wont have a problem just following the faster cars around. That sounds like a good plan. I am hoping to just not get last place. We have some sponsered racers out here so that very well might happen anyway. Any other tips? What if we are all coming into a turn all close? should Ijust slow down and let them pass me or try to fight it out to the front? This happens a lot in a short course and Idon't want to make anyone mad. My Vorza is definetly going to win those battles because of my weight, lol. I think Imight be able to get away with more because its my first race. Iwould never intentionally try to hit someone or anything. Just wondering about holding my possition or maybe what ineed to do coming out of the straights.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:00 AM
formula87

Go to some races and talk to the racers intro yourself if you already haven't they might want to know who they will be bumping their $1000 machine up against.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:03 AM
golfandcards

haha, Iheard that. Yeah Iam pretty cool with most of the racers. Imean Irace around with them and we clash sometimes but they don't ever seem to get angry. One of the better racers down here races a Vorza and he has shown me quite a few tips around the track. I am sure it will be fine. Iwill post up some pics of our race day. Its once a month and its epic. People from all over come by... thanks for the advice bro!
Old 05-04-2011, 07:49 PM
golfandcards

Has anyone set their cut off voltage to 3.0 volts? Iknow the standard is 3.5... Ihave my Vorza set at 3.3. Iwas thinking about dropping it to 3.1 Any ideas?
Old 05-05-2011, 04:23 AM
formula87

Has anyone set their cut off voltage to 3.0 volts? Iknow the standard is 3.5... Ihave my Vorza set at 3.3. Iwas thinking about dropping it to 3.1 Any ideas?
no.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:39 AM
golfandcards

What is the lowest level you would set it at? 3.5? The minimum is 3.0 some people say even 2.5?
Old 05-05-2011, 05:15 AM
formula87

What is the lowest level you would set it at? 3.5? The minimum is 3.0 some people say even 2.5?
I would say 3.3 3.2
Old 05-05-2011, 05:16 AM
golfandcards

3.1 ! SAY IT!! SAY IT NOW!!!!! 
Old 05-06-2011, 04:53 AM
golfandcards

Okay I am thinking about upgrading my rear shock tower to the taller shock tower and longer shocks. Has anyone done this? I know everyone says its better than the stock. I just want to hear from someone who has done this. Does it make your car sit higher? Longer down travel would mean it would bottom out more right? I just got the stiffer red springs on my stock shocks now and it helped out a lot. I never bottom out on the track unless I over jump a jump a significant amount. Thanks guys!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Bodies-Big-B...item5d2e94b7fb

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Bodies-High-...item3367806ae7

Old 05-06-2011, 09:14 AM
golfandcards

Any advice on maybe gearing down the stock pinion for this race coming up. We have a short course track. Its pretty medium in size. They usually split up races to have only 5 or 6 racers at a time. You can see the track in the youtube video Ileft on the first page. Would you recommend changing my pinion or spur gear? I really like the way it feels now. My engine runs at 110-120 degrees on 4s and 135-145 on the 5s...
ORIGINAL: formula87

Cool, are you runnng stock spur and Pinion? Have you done any prgm w/ Castle link?
oh yeah, and anyone have my back on setting my ESC lipo cut off to 3.1? maybe 3.0? any takers? is it risky?

Old 05-06-2011, 09:22 AM
formula87

Any advice on maybe gearing down the stock pinion for this race coming up. We have a short course track. Its pretty medium in size. They usually split up races to have only 5 or 6 racers at a time. You can see the track in the youtube video Ileft on the first page. Would you recommend changing my pinion or spur gear? I really like the way it feels now. My engine runs at 110-120 degrees on 4s and 135-145 on the 5s...
ORIGINAL: formula87

Cool, are you runnng stock spur and Pinion? Have you done any prgm w/ Castle link?
oh yeah, and anyone have my back on setting my ESC lipo cut off to 3.1? maybe 3.0? any takers? is it risky?

Down on the pinion what is it know? and 3.2 on the lipo.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:35 AM
golfandcards

The pinion is a 15 tooth. Which is stock. Same with the spur gear. It's stock. Ithink its a 48 tooth. Another thing to take into consideration is that the race is tomorrow morning. I wont have any time to practice with the new pinion in. Think I should just keep it the same until after the race? Then practice with the 14 or 13 tooth? What do you think?
Old 05-06-2011, 10:26 AM
formula87

The pinion is a 15 tooth. Which is stock. Same with the spur gear. It's stock. Ithink its a 48 tooth. Another thing to take into consideration is that the race is tomorrow morning. I wont have any time to practice with the new pinion in. Think I should just keep it the same until after the race? Then practice with the 14 or 13 tooth? What do you think?
agreed, just watch the motor temps or you can change the punch and timing settings on the ESC with the usb prgmr and keep running the 15t.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:49 AM
golfandcards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIz7dBbB7es
Old 05-10-2011, 08:34 AM
golfandcards

Doing some bearing and diff oil maintenance tonight. I got some new bearings in and I am planning on changing my diffs oils as well. Any recommendations for Front/Center/Rear diff oils? I am going to run up to hobby town after work and grab a couple different weights and play with them. I have been doing a lot of research online and found a lot of pro drivers will use lower weights. I have seen a lot of 5000/5000/3000 weights for front/center/rear. Is this not a good idea for someone not as experienced as them? Will that make my car a little too loose or aggressive? I have an HPI Vorza. It's on the heavy side so I was thinking like a 10k center and maybe a 5k or 7k front and rear.
Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 05-10-2011, 02:27 PM
formula87

5/10/2-3 you are going in the right direction
Old 05-15-2011, 04:47 AM
Croozer
My Feedback: (1)

why is the ve8 better than the vorza?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq-WcTVvDxI

Ve8

-

That Vorza looks like a nice kit but since I don't need a RTR I'm gonna take a look at the OFNA Hyper 9e and the Mugen MBX6 Eco.

Thanx for the vids.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:31 AM
formula87

ECO!!
Old 05-16-2011, 11:10 AM
nitroexpress

Okay I am thinking about upgrading my rear shock tower to the taller shock tower and longer shocks. Has anyone done this? I know everyone says its better than the stock. I just want to hear from someone who has done this. Does it make your car sit higher? Longer down travel would mean it would bottom out more right? I just got the stiffer red springs on my stock shocks now and it helped out a lot. I never bottom out on the track unless I over jump a jump a significant amount. Thanks guys!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Bodies-Big-B...item5d2e94b7fb

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Bodies-High-...item3367806ae7

Longer rear shocks are only needed if you are running on a track with killer big jumps. Standard shocks work fine onindoor tracks.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:57 AM
golfandcards

omg why haven't Iheard of these before today?

Ihave had a problem with the pins coming out of the CVA joints! I think I finally solved it with some red thread lock but it would have been nice to see this earlier! Ihave rear CVA's as well and Iwould have just bought two set of these ! Anyone have anything negative to say about these awesome looking Axles?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_25_1458_952/products_id/181464/n/Tekno-RC-Stub-Axle-Set-w-Pin-Retainers-2

I might just pick up 4 of them so Iwont ever have to worry about my pins coming out during a race again! Any input would be great! thanks guys
Old 06-23-2011, 04:21 AM
golfandcards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nhIdYvlA3Q
Old 06-23-2011, 05:44 AM
formula87

posted a comment on the vid pretty cool will look for anymore running vids............ just got my Mugen ECO just getting time to get to the track is hard.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.