Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Problem with Hyper 7 please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Dealspeed
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with Hyper 7 please help

So I'm trying to fix my buddies hyper 7 and i pull the center diff out and the dog bones, the problem is the front pinion gear is pushed in to the diff so far that the set screw in the drive cup has nothing to tighten down to, I cant figure out how the pinion got shoved so far forward and trying to grab on to it and pull it back out where it should be isn't working its seems stuck where its at.
I'm hoping somebody else here has had the same thing happen and knows how to help me, i really dont want to tear apart the whole front end.
I took pics of both the front and rear pinion gear so you can see the difference, Please any advice would be very much appreciated
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19219.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	1599099   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16758.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	1599100  
Old 04-25-2011, 05:01 PM
rccheech

Default RE: Problem with Hyper 7 please help

It looks as though the pinion and or ring gear has worn out, (maybe something to do with the bearings in the diff case too) the only way your gonna be able to see what the problem is, is to tear her down.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Dealspeed

Ok so I figured it out and got her fixed and as usual I over looked the obvious, the bearing that the pinion rides on was sticking out and making it seem as if the pinion was shoved forward, of course I had the front end torn down before I saw the bearing [:@] so I tapped the bearing back in place and put the drive cup back on with some heavy duty loctite. Can't help but feel like a dumb ***** for Not seeing that right away.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:35 PM
rccheech

Wow!!! I see it in the picture now!!! lol.....its kinda like the whats different about the two pictures game!!! too funny!!! Glad you got it sorted out!!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Dealspeed

Thanks man yea I looked at my pcr and found the same thing the front drive is loose and the bearing is sticking out