Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

RC8e with mamba 2200

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 06:00 PM
mnrcaerobat
My Feedback: (197)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC8e with mamba 2200

While racing last weekend, my rc8 with mamba was sliding around alot. I ran my nitro buggy some too and it wasn't sliding around quite as bad.

I swapped tires thinking that was the trouble, but it still slid around the same.

Am I getting too much power? My top end speed seems to be pretty well in line with the nitro. I'm running 4s and the pinion that was recommended. I am also running nearly -50% expo with my futaba radio.

Do I need to hook up a castle link and tune the motor/ esc that way? Does throttle expo work through my radio?
Old 05-20-2011, 11:51 AM
K_B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC8e with mamba 2200

The throttle expo should be adjustable via the radio. Your nitro probably isn't sliding around as much due to the clutch and nitro motors don't have the instant torque like electric motors do. You may also want to adjust your diff fluids a bit. Maybe go thinner in the center to send a little more power to the front wheels and a little thinner in the back to get a little more diff action in the rear.