Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Mugen Eco or Losi 8 2.0 w/ elec conversion?

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Mugen Eco or Losi 8 2.0 w/ elec conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 08:47 AM
formula87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mugen Eco or Losi 8 2.0 w/ elec conversion?

Looking at getting the Mugen ECO buggy but at my LHS they are hard to get in know with all that is going on in Japan.... so the LHS owner gave me another option........ a nitro version of the Losi 8 2.0 on the shelf and he would swap out the nitro stuff and give me the Losi electric conversion kit in exchange (i assume with the kit it will be like getting the 8E???).. So a bit more work but I will spend about the same and I can go racing now or wait for the Mugen.... Oh and the LHS owner races a Losi 8 2.0 with the same conversion kit on it and that was why he suggested it. He did say that the Eco is long arm susp and the Losi is a Short arm........ the Losi will turn better or quicker but the Mugen will be more forgiveing. So what do you guys think?
Old 05-26-2011, 03:02 PM
jmaxey51

Default RE: Mugen Eco or Losi 8 2.0 w/ elec conversion?

mugen eco is the way to go IMO, parts will go no where, the mugen factory did not get hit or is in the turmoil. i just dont like losi, they have a bad push but thats personal preference ...
Old 05-26-2011, 10:19 PM
lez1troubles

The Mugen rocks compaired to the Loosi.
We have a couple at the tracks I like to go in Holland and there stable over really rough terrain and dont fall to pieces like the Losi's do.
I really am NOT a fan of the Losi buggies, non of them perform like they should(could) unless there is alot of x-tra tuning done to them where as the Mugen buggies are great performers from the GO.[8D]
Old 05-27-2011, 10:56 AM
formula87

Well went and took a few laps with the LHS owners Losi 8 2.0 elec conversion and it was nice even with a dusty track and wore out tires.......
he said come on in and lets see what we can do... so I can get the Losi 8 2.0roller with the Losi elec conv kit, and the 8E body brand new for$30.00less then theECOwhich I thought was a screaming deal....... so the Mugen is more expensive but the Losi has a great rep around my area and parts are cheaper and the top racers are running the 8E or the 2.0 w/ elec conv..... I think my LHS has a few 2.0 on the shelf and no Mugens so I may go with the Losi.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:44 AM
K_B

If there's a bunch of local guys running losi, that's a good way to go. You can copy setups and mooch parts if you have to. In my experience, my Mugen is more forgiving than my Losi was, but the front end of the Losi was a little more durable; the upper a-arm on the mugen doesn't have as much "give" as a pivoting upper camber link design (Losi). Parts wear much quicker on the Losi; they don't break easy, but they get sloppy.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:37 PM
formula87

ORIGINAL: K_B

If there's a bunch of local guys running losi, that's a good way to go. You can copy setups and mooch parts if you have to. In my experience, my Mugen is more forgiving than my Losi was, but the front end of the Losi was a little more durable; the upper a-arm on the mugen doesn't have as much "give" as a pivoting upper camber link design (Losi). Parts wear much quicker on the Losi; they don't break easy, but they get sloppy.
When you talk about parts wearing out which buggy are you refering to the older Losi buggys like the 1.0 or the new 2.0 and 2.0 e??
Old 05-27-2011, 07:08 PM
jmaxey51

the losi 1.0 and 2.0 are very similar... they both wear and get alot of slop fast from what ive seen, havent owned one because ive driven alot and i didnt like any of them but one that had over 200 bucks in smart diffs and a couple more 100 in other upgrades.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:58 AM
formula87

I read that Losi upgraded alot on the 2.0, but I have heard that the Losi is quick the the Mugen in the hands of a good driver..... Iwas set onthe Mugen ECObut the deal I am getting on the Losi is awsome.......

Old 06-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Croozer
My Feedback: (1)

Mugen FTW.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:08 AM
formula87

Got the Mugen last one he had........... can't wait to get on track..........
Old 06-09-2011, 09:49 PM
lez1troubles

Nice, Mugen rock, real nice buggies.[8D]
Old 06-15-2011, 11:53 PM
JUSTPASSEDU
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: formula87

Got the Mugen last one he had........... can't wait to get on track..........
Perfect choice man , you chose 1 of the best buggies out on the market right now. Good luck with it..
Old 06-24-2011, 07:41 PM
Zanek

I haven't tried either personally, but my friend has a nitro 8ight and it never seems to work. Front driveshaft and clutch are held together with electrical tape and sometimes there is no fuel pressure. But I haven't tried or seen the Mugen in action.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:52 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't tell you how much it gratifies me that now the Losi has settled in the market, it has taken its rightful place, and the blatant fanboyism that we have seen in the recent past has abated. Losi are a great brand, but Mugen are a cut above.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:46 PM
lez1troubles

Hey Foxy, KYOSHO MP7.5 ROCKS.
By the way, good morning.