Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

please help identify this chassis

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 12:11 AM
tiffitech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help identify this chassis

Hi,

I've got this car chassis for free and want to get it running again for my son.

There are missing parts, the air filter is built from myself out of an silencer from a solenoid pneumatic valve, the body doesn't fit to the chassis and so on.
I just want to know what kind of buggy that is (was..)

Thanks in Advance,

Holm
Old 07-05-2011, 01:31 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: please help identify this chassis

The air filter is genius, good job. What concerns me though is that I can't see any brakes!!

I have no idea what it is, I have a feeling it will be a cheap chinese no name car. What parts does it actually need, you got a list?
Old 07-05-2011, 02:42 AM
tiffitech

you have good eyes :-)

The friend from which I've got that car is currently searching for the brake(s) ..

Kind Regards,

Holm.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:22 AM
ALISTAIR13

it looks 1/10th scale the fuel tank is not original its bigger then usual size the thing for the throttle looks like a dodgy quick fix, good job on air filter,
the cover says 2 speed which it clearly is not and looks like the center diff is not original and has been made at home and by thinking about this the guy u got it from was posibly racing it with the single speed and larger fuel tank, the previous owner painted the exsaust manifold and i m sure he made the chassis and top deck, one question wat does it say on the engine?
Old 07-06-2011, 03:50 AM
tiffitech

My friend s a rc-modell dealer, he got this car in conjunction with other stuff years ago and he say'd there where
two car bodies laying around and he possibly sent the wrong one..
I'm repairing engines for him and one time the car came along with some engines in the parcel. :-)

The engine is a Force .15, nothing special. The Muffler is painted black in original. The "dodgy quick fix" on the throttle is made by me :-)
It looks that the carb should be mounted in the other direction with the throttle to the right outside, the faceplate on the carb is curently
directed to the cylinder. There where no servos in the car as I got it.
There are 2 mounting holes in the lower chassis to mount the tank and the holes are blue anodized like the rest of the chassis.
I think this means the tank is the original one.
I'm not sure what's the matter with the gear in the middle, there is in front of the big wheel an "unused" ball bearing on the shaft, it only functions as a place holder currently.... one of the reasons why I want to know what a car this is...

Kind Regards,

Holm
Old 07-06-2011, 11:35 PM
ALISTAIR13

hey um about the carb its the right way its definatly a 1/10th scale buggy the engine is probably under power for a buggy usually there .18
to replace servoes and radio will cost about 200  at least for decent gear and by the way the fuel tank is weird becuz its bigger then usual so its hard to know which way it faces. best wishes with it
Old 07-07-2011, 01:13 AM
tiffitech

:-)

There is no need to replace the old radio stuff and the servos, since I've mounted them 2 day before. They are ok,( I'm an electronican).
I wish to "rebuild" that thing to give it to my 6 year old son Nils, so he can play a little with his papa and has some fun.
It is secondary at first if the engine is underpowered. I have at least 30 different engines that I can mount in if I want this,
maybe an .Enya 46-4c ? :-)
I can do some things in my garage, have a lathe and other stuff, even a friend with an metal workshop too.
I just want to find some pictures from this car in it's original state.

Regards,

Holm

Old 07-07-2011, 02:23 AM
ALISTAIR13

o ok i thort u said before it didnt have servos and radio, um probably .18 will be best for size and fuel consumption
Old 07-12-2011, 08:55 AM
guitarplayr

best guess would be a cheaper online version of a decent buggy. Looks to be decently built without some initial forethought into it. I would say it has a body like my old exceed forza, but as you may know there are quite a few cheaper buggy retailers. The engine of all things sounds and looks to be exceed in nature Start looking up older cheaper buggies THAT HAVE NO BRAKES!!! Kinda scary to be givin to a younger one if you cant find available parts for! If no luck, then look at the screw head types usually phillips, regular, hex. then look up what cars have what, and what your car has the most of. good luck!