Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Kyosho MP-777? Need info people!

Old 09-08-2011, 07:15 AM
WarCowboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kyosho MP-777? Need info people!

ALISTAIR13 - Oh alright man, I didn't understand what you meant at first, but I see what your saying now.

lez1troubles - Haha, I didn't realize the car was a kit. I was told by the guy who I traded out with, it was a RTR, but he didn't know much of anything about the car and didn't much care about the setup properties as it's apparent from the muffler and engine setup.
Maybe he meant it was RTR from him...
Anyhow this is my biggest gripe about the Kyosho line of cars besides prices is, they have several kits and RTRs and I have seen revision chassis such as the MP9 series, but I have yet to find a place online that tells what has been changed and whats compatible besides the big bore shocks and obvious redesigned side skirts.
If it was a Losi for example, I would be able to find all this out just from their' website. Kyosho needs to get it in gear over lack of information.
Besides looking up parts, there is almost no information about specifically the 777 out there that I can find.
I am glad you told me this is still an up to par chassis though, it makes dropping money in it much easier to swallow knowing I am not running an obsolete chassis.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:01 AM
ALISTAIR13

hey just wondering to the guy who knows a bit on engines. if i was to find another carby that has a biger hole for air intake would i have a faster engine
Old 09-09-2011, 01:10 AM
WarCowboy

Well I know a bit about them, so in regards to your question, not necessarily. Adding more air means it will need more fuel to. While its popular belief that there can never be enough of either when power comes to mind, there is still a point of over doing it to an engines design. The engine its self cannot induct enough fuel without some form of injection or pump in mass amounts, also the crank ports design limits amount received.
If there was a legitimate way to cram more fuel and air while at the same time atomizing it better, for exp... something like a super charger or turbo, you would see significant increases.

In short, if an engine was designed to allow more air thus have more power in such circumstances, it would have probably come with it from the factory already.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:24 AM
ALISTAIR13

yeah thats wat i was guessing cuz my at the moment i dont have money to buy a good engine so im stuck with stock for the moment  and i was just wondering if i can improve it so i can race and go faster as its slow
Old 09-09-2011, 02:50 AM
lez1troubles

Alistair, quick question, what do you drive???
As for the question on putting on a different carb, yes you can if you can get it to fit properly although it could really screw up your engine.
You can get alot more power (RPM's) out of a stock engine. Check out the engine section here on RCU and you'll find quite a few tuning tips that will help you on your way plus with the photo's you'll be able to see whats got to be done.
There is a guy here on RCU called SUPERTIB who knows quite a bit about the modding scene (He's the owner of CLOCKWERK RACING), maybe he would help you out.
You do NOT want a turbo on one of these little 3.5cc engines as they dont have enough pressure to make it work properly.
You'll have more succes just using a higher %nitro such as the GRAUPNER RACE BLEND 30° or 40°, you could also go crazy fast using RB's 60° .
If you made the hole on your carb larger your going to make the engine run hotter I think so you'll have to give it more fuel to cool it down. Try the higher nitro percentage.
Warcowboy, there are lots of sights that explane how your MP777 should be set up to get the best out of it, WWW.INFERNOSONLY.COM is one of them, it's the one I like to use. There is also a sight called Oople with alot of us euro trash swapping out ideas. Look them up.
Later dudes.[8D]
Old 09-09-2011, 05:37 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ALISTAIR13

hey just wondering to the guy who knows a bit on engines. if i was to find another carby that has a biger hole for air intake would i have a faster engine[img][/img]

nope.... really wont help much at all..... even on a highly modified big power engine adding a larger carb bore does very little...which means the carb is not what is restricting the engine in the first place.....
Old 09-09-2011, 02:55 PM
nitroexpress

ORIGINAL: ALISTAIR13

yeah thats wat i was guessing cuz my at the moment i dont have money to buy a good engine so im stuck with stock for the moment and i was just wondering if i can improve it so i can race and go faster as its slow
Run some 40% nitro fuel.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:12 PM
ALISTAIR13

i run my stock engine on 25% lrp nitro its a .25 i was only wondering thats all but thanks for answering my question
Old 09-10-2011, 10:32 PM
ALISTAIR13

i now fond out that the fuel is 3 years old but its not that bad though , i was getting it for like 75% so yeah ill get an os A3 plug and 20% fuel for racing in a few weeks
Old 09-11-2011, 11:16 PM
WarCowboy

Will any 17mm hex nut fit the hubs on these things? I mean the tread pattern is standard right? When I got this thing, one of the tires was held on by a brass pluming cap. doh!
Old 09-12-2011, 01:57 AM
lez1troubles

Warcowboy, I thnk there all the same, not one hundred percent on that though. Take your buggy to the local hobby store and check em out. You could also just go to your local hardwear store and see if they have some that'll fit, thats what I do mostly as nuts&balts from the hobby store are 100x the price of the hobby store plus I can order any materials I want; i.e aluminium, steel or exotic materials like magnesium or titanium.

Alistair, yes you could use the O.S A3's but get a couple of O.S A5 also.
20° fuel for racing???you'll be coming in some where near the back of the pack with that.
Most racers that I know are using around 30°. It makes a huge difference.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:38 AM
ALISTAIR13

yeah if i got the money to buy the fuel as 30% for  1L is like $20 and im not the best for controling the car for track yet still getting the hang of a track im more of a basher haha but i was thinking the A3 cuz its cheeper and easier to tune
Old 09-12-2011, 09:09 AM
WarCowboy

lez1troubles - My local hobby shop is ridiculous. The large ones have all shut down, including the one I used to tech at. The one that is open, the guy is strange and biased.
I brought my buggy in there just a day ago and plopped it on the counter. He just looked at it like it was a disease until I said, this is a Kyosho 777, do you have parts?
He said nope. And then I had to ask him some more stuff in order for him to even talk to me about it. He tried to tell me that he doesn't fool with Kyosho because they require minimum orders and have broken free of any distributors making it impossible to get parts.
I can understand his reasoning, but I don't like how he treated me in return, and he even went as far as to tell me that the wheel hexes for other buggies wouldn't fit the 777, even though I thought it was a standard. He made no effort to let me try one from anything else, so to hell with em.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:10 PM
WarCowboy

Just to touch note with what I have done so far. I installed the WASP 28 with it's pull start. A slight bit had to be shaved off the motor mount risers so that the back plate would set flush between them. I have not gotten a pipe yet, so its still using the savage junk, but it actually does really well running just 20% with nearly nothing tuned.
I still cannot understand why so many people seem to have trouble with the Japanese WASP 28. I have already ran a quart though it after break in and nothing has been hard about tuning it and it runs as reliable as anything else. It has stupid power to waste on this buggy.

I will be needing a shock rebuild kit, a couple different shock oil weights, and some diff oils as well.
Will be shoeing the deal with some AKA wheels and AKA soft impact tires.
Think I will go with some yellow seal bocabearing all around to. Should make for a decent setup by the time I look into getting an Orion 21 ABI engine to meet race specs.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:21 AM
lez1troubles

Hi Warcowboy, sounds like your local hobby store owner is a real jerk, never mind, you could also contact KYOSHO USA who should be able to help you out with that wheel nut. Yes they are a standard thread. Also try WWW.INFERNOSONLY.COM, they have everything you'll need to rebuild your shocks and they have the wheel nuts. If you still cannt get hold of them by next week P.M me your address as I have got 3 or 4 complete sets of wheel nuts in my spare parts box and I'll send some over to you in the mail. Dont know how long it would take for them to get to you from over here in Belgium though.
Later dude.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:30 AM
WarCowboy

Really appreciate the kindness lez1troubles. Thanks for the support.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:59 PM
WarCowboy

Man, I have been looking for bodies and I was wondering, whats the difference in the newer MP9 bodies vs the 777 ones? Will they fit and if not why?

Old 09-15-2011, 12:01 AM
ALISTAIR13

it should fit most 1/8 covers will fit most depending on the shape of the side skirts really but u should get a new clear shell and get it painted and that should deff fit
Old 09-15-2011, 02:48 AM
lez1troubles

The MP9 body will not fit the MP777 as the MP777 is wider and longer than the new MP9.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:16 PM
WarCowboy

Yeah I just wanted to be sure before I went out a bought something that wouldn't work, so thanks for the info.
And I will definitely get it clear, I have painted my own bodies for years and wouldn't do it any other way.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:10 AM
lez1troubles

A-main hobbies has the original body for the MP777 for $27.
Infernosonly.com has the PRO LINE Quik Lidz Crowd pleazer MP777 also for $27.
The JConcepts body goes for $22.