Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

RC8 Rebuild and RC10 website forum

Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

RC8 Rebuild and RC10 website forum

Old 11-29-2011, 05:49 AM
t8jones
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC8 Rebuild and RC10 website forum

All, first of all, I have been searching through this forumn and the official RC8 thread doesnt really much info and just refers a lot to the RC10.com forum.................but the forum has been down for weeks!!! Am I missing something or are they having problems with the site?

Im going to be restarting my RC8 build soon and was looking for any suggestions or anything to keep in mind when rebuilding? One of my main questions is with the grease to use? Is using an automotive type general purpose grease OK, or not? And should I be using red/blue thread lock etc? Again, any info will help. I just cant seem to find as much as I though I would on the RC8?
Old 11-29-2011, 06:14 PM
jmaxey51

Default RE: RC8 Rebuild and RC10 website forum

ORIGINAL: t8jones

All, first of all, I have been searching through this forumn and the official RC8 thread doesnt really much info and just refers a lot to the RC10.com forum.................but the forum has been down for weeks!!! Am I missing something or are they having problems with the site?

Im going to be restarting my RC8 build soon and was looking for any suggestions or anything to keep in mind when rebuilding? One of my main questions is with the grease to use? Is using an automotive type general purpose grease OK, or not? And should I be using red/blue thread lock etc? Again, any info will help. I just cant seem to find as much as I though I would on the RC8?
automotive grease is ok for ring and pinion gears in the diff case, however, not all is ok with O-rings... use a LITTLE bit of blue lock tight on metal to metal only.

which RC8 do you have? RC8, RC8-B or RC8.2?

Old 11-29-2011, 07:45 PM
t8jones

Thanks. I have been a bit confused on which RC8 I have. I bought it from my boss when her husband passed away. It was in ok shape, but it was obvious that he drove it a lot and she said that he drove it in sand a lot (and it showed). So I wanted to tear it all down, clean, re-grease, replace bearings and any bent or broken parts etc. But Im not sure which one it is. It has BLACK aluminum front and rear shock towers,non threaded (big bore shocks??), non forward placement battery box, no blue anodized parts, no carbon fibre parts. I assume its the original RC8 but he has replaced some parts as well. What are some signs of which is which?
Old 11-29-2011, 07:48 PM
t8jones

I mean to say that I think it may be the "race spec" but Im not sure
Old 11-29-2011, 08:18 PM
jmaxey51

ORIGINAL: t8jones

Thanks. I have been a bit confused on which RC8 I have. I bought it from my boss when her husband passed away. It was in ok shape, but it was obvious that he drove it a lot and she said that he drove it in sand a lot (and it showed). So I wanted to tear it all down, clean, re-grease, replace bearings and any bent or broken parts etc. But Im not sure which one it is. It has BLACK aluminum front and rear shock towers,non threaded (big bore shocks??), non forward placement battery box, no blue anodized parts, no carbon fibre parts. I assume its the original RC8 but he has replaced some parts as well. What are some signs of which is which?
its the first RC8 RTR i think it was called the RC8 RS, its the original one, they have had 2 more sense then, 3 if you count the upgrade kit. good starter buggy