Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Losi 810 discontinued

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 06:46 AM
bob stewart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi 810 discontinued

So last month I decided to get back into r/c cars and purchased a Losi 810 from Horizon Hobbies. Seemed good for a beginner to get into nitro. Started constructing a track in the back yard and my wife decides that the old Kyosho Turbo Optima Mid just doesn't perform well enough for her. I just called Horizon to see when they will get more 810's in so she can have one, and they tell me it's been discontinued. If I had known they would be discontinued I wouldn't have bought it. THANK YOU HORIZON HOBBIES FOR NOT LOOKING OUT FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS. You knew they were on the way out and did not disclose it to me.

Sincerely,
Bob
Old 03-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Aljo

Default RE: Losi 810 discontinued

Wow 810 hasn't been around very long to be discontinued though it's size & weight always made me wonder how it would be legal in a ROAR or IFMAR sanctioned race.

I might be wrong with what the 810s dimensions ut that sucks though the 810 parts are interchangable with some of their other models I believe.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:56 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It meets all specification besides the weight. It's too light. Sucks that they discontinued it, now I need to stock up on parts.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:00 AM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You and I will both be stocking up...I heard the Ten-10 is also going to be discontinued.

My assumption is because of it's "hybrid" disposition (basher or racer) it simply never found its niche? I absolutely love this car, however.

Any suggestions on which parts to stock up on? Thanks!
Old 04-18-2012, 12:27 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This was inevitable, don't know what Losi were thinking when they released a non standard car into the single most established racing class. I remember thinking at the time "This ain't gonna fly". Never did see the point of this car, the hobby is better off without it. Sorry for the harsh words, I know it was a decent RC in its own right, but that isn't enough, we expect more from Losi than a 1/8th buggy that isn't quite a 1/8th buggy. :/ We know what the platform is capable of as a 1/10th SC...just, why bother?
Old 04-22-2012, 07:52 AM
JohnP2

Perhaps it was intended for someone like myself? Still new to the hobby, wants to get a Losi nitro buggy, but not ready to shell out the money for an 8ight 2.0...nor looking for an 'upper-tier' racing car. I do respectfully disagree that "the hobby is better off without it". If you are talking about racing circuits, perhaps. But it delivered exactly what I was looking for and engaged me even further into "the hobby". ;-)

And yes...I stocked up on a slew of parts for it. Might not ever need them, but years from now if...say...an axle breaks, I'll have it. If it turns out I never need the parts I purchased, I doubt I'll have problems selling them on eBay.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:57 AM
INTEGRA

Lol, Hilarious, The 810 is a SCTE, and You can bet your last penny Losi/Horizon Wont be discontinuing the Most popular truck on the market. Losi has NEVER been known to pull a truck and not provide parts for YEARS to come.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:51 AM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

Lol, Hilarious, The 810 is a SCTE, and You can bet your last penny Losi/Horizon Wont be discontinuing the Most popular truck on the market. Losi has NEVER been known to pull a truck and not provide parts for YEARS to come.
The SCTE is not even remotely the most popular on the market, it will be gone within the year. It's a converted Nitro. The Ten-T and the 810 bombed, so Losi just decided to use the chassis for something else and recoup their losses. Losi is not great with parts support on discontinued models. Ever try finding a reliable parts supplier for the Speed NT? Yeah, that thing was discontinued less then a year ago, and Horizon only carries a few parts for it.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:05 AM
INTEGRA

You either Don't race or don't care to Know that the SCTE is BY FAR the most popular SC truck on the market. argue it all you want, the facts are the facts.

Discontinuing the Current ROAR National Champion Truck isn't in the cards ANY time soon.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:52 AM
proanti1

You either Don't race or don't care to Know that the SCTE is BY FAR the most popular SC truck on the market. argue it all you want, the facts are the facts.

Discontinuing the Current ROAR National Champion Truck isn't in the cards ANY time soon.
Ha, 'facts'? Show me facts.

You're talking out your ass.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:42 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

my buddy got one of these back in january. nice buggy for the price. handled well too in the track. too bad they discontinued it. i was gonna buy one for the hell of it lol.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:00 PM
INTEGRA

Fact.......Speed NT Part support looks great on a-main.....lol

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...&filter_mfr=62

Fact, When a Large Supplier like Horizon CANT keep a Particular Truck in Stock for more than a Couple weeks at a Time, Proves quite a bit on the sheer demand of the SCTE. Look at the Aftermarket for the SCTE, Its HUGE !!!

Fact, It aint going anywhere Any time soon.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:43 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Fact, When a Large Supplier like Horizon CANT keep a Particular Truck in Stock for more than a Couple weeks at a Time, Proves quite a bit on the sheer demand of the SCTE. Look at the Aftermarket for the SCTE, Its HUGE !!!

Its also a fact that the slash is more popular that the scte. look at the aftermarkeyt support on that. From your earlier posts, where did you get that the scte is the most popular SC truck on the market? I think i've heard more about people racing a stampede thatn racing the scte. I never hear anyone mention the scte. Is this because you have one? cause if you do it explains it all. Most popular right now 1) slash, 2) blitz.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:03 PM
rccheech

Maybe the traxxas on a basher note.......but if you spend any amount of time at a real race track it's an scte dominated scene. That IS fact.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:12 PM
rccheech

Maybe the traxxas on a basher note.......but if you spend any amount of time at a real race track it's an scte dominated scene. That IS fact.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:48 AM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

Its also a fact that the slash is more popular that the scte. look at the aftermarkeyt support on that. From your earlier posts, where did you get that the scte is the most popular SC truck on the market? I think i've heard more about people racing a stampede thatn racing the scte. I never hear anyone mention the scte. Is this because you have one? cause if you do it explains it all. Most popular right now 1) slash, 2) blitz.
Yep, and the SC10s are pretty damn popular.

Hell, the SCTE hasn't even been around that long.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:55 AM
proanti1

If Horizon doesn't stock parts for a specific car, then parts production has stopped. A Main may have parts, but not for long. All Losi parts orders go through Horizon. Just because a retailer has a stockpile of parts, doesn't mean they can order more.

Horizon can't keep it in stock because Losi is slowing up production. They do this right before they discontinue a product line because they're using stocked parts.

Fact, it's not a popular truck, not in the least, and Losi will soon discontinue it in favor of a purpose built chassis. There are a few fanboys out there, but it's certainly not an SC10 or Slash. Popularity on the 'professional' level doesn't mean anything if they can't make a profit.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:49 AM
INTEGRA

lol
Old 05-19-2012, 08:50 PM
The_Shark

welcome to my world, every time I get something new, it becomes discontinued. the HPI F-10 the Tamiya Group-C, ect.

But i doubt its horizon, i think its a shocker to them just like it is to you, manufactures sell sell sell the product and then yank it right underneath you.

OFNA does sell a Hyper TT 1/10 truggy that looks pretty good, they usually carry a line for a long long time before the chuck it, then nitrohouse buys up all the spares making parts easy to get. (heck, they still have support for a 15 year old buggy) ofna also sells almost every part for almost every car they ever made.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:52 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

welcome to my world, every time I get something new, it becomes discontinued. the HPI F-10 the Tamiya Group-C, ect.

But i doubt its horizon, i think its a shocker to them just like it is to you, manufactures sell sell sell the product and then yank it right underneath you.

OFNA does sell a Hyper TT 1/10 truggy that looks pretty good, they usually carry a line for a long long time before the chuck it, then nitrohouse buys up all the spares making parts easy to get. (heck, they still have support for a 15 year old buggy) ofna also sells almost every part for almost every car they ever made.
that and the companies that design the RC's they use (hongnor, and hoabo) re-use a lot of the parts in various other models. Like the jammin SCRT10 uses parts off the CRT.5, and X2 CRT(the rock guards, and yes I was kinda shocked when I saw that). The Ofna Nexs8 is essentially a Jammin X1 CR made into electric (parts differences are the chassis, and the common parts that are different in nitro, and electrics. This is why their parts support is so well