Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Team VTX B1 Engine problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 10:06 AM
SlidewaysSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team VTX B1 Engine problem

Basically Istripped the glow plug hole by tightening too much. And nobody at Team VTXor myhobbydepot is responding to ANYTHING. So Ineed to find a replacement heat sink head ASAP. Please help!Thanks

It has the .26 Vertex engine.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:15 AM
joeyhatch11

Default RE: Team VTX B1 Engine problem

I tried looking on the net for a .26 head for that motor but I can't find anything. Only thing I'm finding is complete RTR buggies or full motors. I dont see why another .26 heat sink wouldn't work on that motor though. Is it possible to look up a .26 heat sink and get specs then measure your head to see if it'll fit? At this point I think it's the safest bet. Unless you buy another motor. At least that way you'll have a back up when this one finally goes. There's a plus. Happy Hunting
Old 09-15-2010, 11:32 AM
redlined_b16a

call some of the listed distrubitors
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...id=941#mandist
Old 09-15-2010, 11:35 AM
redlined_b16a

if no luck you can always go to your nearest automitive store/hardware store and try whats called a "heli-coil",Its basicly thread inserts
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_25...tm.htm#2584192
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_23...tm.htm#2349508
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554327
read thu theads links they may help
Old 09-15-2010, 11:44 AM
redlined_b16a

this looks like the ticket if a replacement head is not found,Id perfer a new head
http://www.timesert.com/html/0142SP-note.html
Old 09-15-2010, 07:25 PM
SlidewaysSS

I called up Clarence and they said if I sent them $15 in an envelope with my engine heat sink in it they'd fix it. That's really frickin cool. Considering I'll never have the pleasure of getting a new head from the company because every single store that stocks these no longer has them and every place that does, doesn't have the heat sink head. And neither Team VTX or myhobbydepot (same company as Team VTX) is answering any of their emails, phone calls, or voicemails. Terrible customer service, good buggy. My roommate just fired up his Kyosho Inferno MP7.5 today that he got brand new for $200 with a used engine. I can't wait to go race and bash with him.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:14 PM
redlined_b16a

So besides the no customer or parts support
How is the buggy?
Is this your first buggy?
Old 09-15-2010, 09:29 PM
SlidewaysSS

This is my 2nd 1/8th buggy. The first one was crap. That was 5 years ago. I've owned a Traxxas Stampede (Novak 5800 brushless SS converted 5 years ago), HPI MT2, Duratrax Axis (god awful 1/8 buggy), and now I currently own a T-Maxx 3.3 and this buggy.
The buggy is awesome. Despite my retardedness and stripping the glow plug hole, I love it. The buggy on a "stock" tune, literally just 3 turns out from fully closed on HSN was right off the bat "A MONSTER"! After I tuned it up a little bit it just kept getting faster and torqueyer, I was extremely impressed. Especially since the price I paid for it felt like it drove like a $700 buggy. I am so mad I haven't been able to run it since then. It easily rivals my roommates MP7.5 in terms of speed and handling. Maybe even faster. There's definitely quality behind 95% of the buggy and there is a couple places with room to improve. Basically if they cleaned up some of the receiver/battery compartments and came up with a slightly better system for throttle vs braking linkage and replaced the exhaust with a sleeker and cleaner version then this thing would be a really really top of the line buggy.
*The system for throttle and linkage may not be very "clean" but WOW I tuned up the linkages a little and it idles fine, opens up the carb fast, and brakes REALLY hard when I want it to. So that is a major plus.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:40 PM
coololdude

I have two vertex 26 Heads if you want them....I think one has a gasket and one don't.........let me know.....Bill
Old 09-20-2010, 11:06 PM
SlidewaysSS

No way! How did you get them? I'll buy.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:59 AM
coololdude

Ya there your just pm me with your info and Ill send them both to you.....I had a friend that was a himoto driver and he also had alot of VTX stuff so in turn I had a few VTX Truggys and parts and stuff....LOL...funny I was looking at your post the same day I had just pulled out one of my old VTX truggys and was wiping it down to go bashin with the kidds next door......my last and only VTX truggy left...this ones fun it has a LRP-Z28 spec3 modded on it...its for bashing only I think I fill the tank up every four or five minutes...so let me know and like I said I'll just send them to you.....hey I had a lot of people help me out along time ago when I was frist starting out least I can do is return the favor........again let me know what up....Bill
Old 09-21-2010, 10:11 AM
coololdude

Oh hey I almost forgot to ask sorry for my manners....I have carb's engines case's cranks and a few other things too I'll have to look for most of it but your more then welcome to it...I don't have any more cyclenders and piston though I used all those up....L...let me know if you want any of it too....I like giving RC parts a good home...LOL..
Old 09-21-2010, 12:09 PM
SlidewaysSS

DUDE i'll take everything you got! But how much do you want for it all? Let me know quick so I can get it faster! Lol thanks
Old 09-21-2010, 12:33 PM
tommygun32

coololdude....you're a Cool Ol' Dude. Nice to see people helping others for no other reason but to help them out. That's worth a couple points in my book.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:48 PM
coololdude

no money, I just have it sittin here gathering dust...just PM me so I know where to send it thats all....I beleave in the ol' what come around goes around kinda thing.......Bill
Old 09-21-2010, 04:49 PM
SlidewaysSS

You're the man. This buggy has just been sitting here for 2 weeks, almost since I bought it. I can't wait to drive it again.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:56 PM
redlined_b16a

Now thats awesome,I love a helpful forum with cool people
Old 09-22-2010, 06:08 AM
lez1troubles

[sm=thumbs_up.gif]+1 coolio
Old 09-23-2010, 12:46 AM
coololdude

Ok now its all boxed up and addressed and it will be on its way in the morning I hope you get it by saturday If not monday....I'll see how much it will cost to track it...if it to much don't worry it'll get there......Have fun and let me know when you get it.......Talk at you later.....Bill
Old 09-23-2010, 01:39 PM
coololdude

Ok Its on its way...I mail it at 10:00 am this morning....I put the head you needed (and an extra head so just in case...L..) a few engine blocks some cranks a couple of carbs and a pipe I used to run with that VTX engine. it ran pretty good with that pipe too....so check it out when you get all your parts and let me know it it runs......Bill
Old 09-24-2010, 10:07 AM
SlidewaysSS

Thank you Bill. You are a saint in the RC World, haha. But seriously, this is extremely appreciated. Good kharma is on its way to you man.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:13 PM
coololdude

Man you guys got me diging through sh*% that I haven't seen in years.......here's what I have left of my VTX erea.....
Old 09-25-2010, 03:15 PM
SlidewaysSS

I got my engine head back yesterday from Clarence Lee in California. This helicoil thing is awesome! It reallllly holds the glow plug in there and is super strong. Buggy is back up and running but for some reason the exhaust is too hot and is melting my zip ties at the coupler. I have no idea what to do haha. But it runs so thats good.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:19 PM
SlidewaysSS

Annnnnnd the motor locked and the piston is destroyed. Thankfully I got your package today, but I still will have to get another piston from somewhere... Thisll be fun.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:25 PM
RCPITBULL

Hey I just picked up a TEAM VTX B1 BUGGY for $ 75 cash all it needed was a steering servo... I put a new savox in it .&. put a new sr300 spektrum receiver in it..
It runs great but I need the manual for it. I see you have had some team vtx stuff. I was wondering if you know where I can get the manual for this.
It would be very helpfull to have it... I tried to go to the wedsite and no luck ......... I would be so greatful for any info.....
THANKS TO ALL............WHO LOVE THE RC WORLD.......