Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Suggestion needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Traxxas_Man_KY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestion needed

Thinking about getting the TA RC8.2 Nitro Buggy...............What motor should I use? I may try a local back yard race....but may just be for play....I have monster trucks.....just wanting a buggy now
Old 05-16-2012, 09:39 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Suggestion needed

There are 30+ good .21 buggy engines to choose from that would be great choices..

If you're not sure about how serious you want to get, then you want to keep cheap-ish I assume.

At the lower end of the budget scale, but still good raceable engines, you have the Werks B2, Alpha Plus F850, Go GXII HO, and on and on and on...

Amain did have a deal on the Nvision 521R - if they still do I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

A lot of people rave about the Fusion X3(Novarossi-built). A guy named Houston sells and mods them. You could google him and ask him directly. I've seen enough rave reviews of those that I'd buy one.

All these engines are under $200. Look around at Alpha, Werks, Fusion, Nvision, etc.. Just look at the 21 offroad engine section at amain and see what floats your boat..

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...-35cc-Off-Road

Looks like amain still has that Nvision deal, so my advice is get that with a 2058 pipe. Best value-for-money going afaic..(pipe is pricey though.. There are maybe cheaper pipes that would also work..)

If you can still find an Argus A52, they are also great value for money (best with an 0801 pipe)

The stock Associated clutch works fine for starters. I have an RC8.2 but haven't run it yet. It has an Argus in it that I ran last year in my SC8. Really liked that engine, but Argus seems to have disappeared(no big deal though - they're just rebadged Alphas..)