Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

team Durango DNX408 RC buggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 09:58 PM
mkjohnston
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default team Durango DNX408 RC buggy

Ive been looking at pictures and videos of the Team Durango DNX408 and I wondering is this a really good car to build and drive. I have TTR EB4 S@ which is a great rtr and much better than the TTR mirage from years back. But I was talking to fellow at the LHS last week and he said this was another knock of the AE RC8 which I didnt believe at all. I just want to build one and bash not really interested in racing thanks Michael
Old 05-24-2012, 10:35 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: team Durango DNX408 RC buggy

The Durango is pretty much a full-on race machine, and there were various problems when they first came out. They are just coming out now with a Gen 2..,, which supposedly will be better. For bashing I'd get something else. Like a cheap-but-strong Hyper 7 and deck it out with full-on engine and electronics or something..

Your LHS guy doesn't know what he's talking about. The EB4 has nothing to do with the RC8 series - at most maybe some shared diff gears..
Old 05-25-2012, 03:40 AM
mkjohnston
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

HerrSavage

Thank you for the quick reply, Actually I said that wrong about EB4 what I meant to say was that he said the DNX was a knock off of the RC8 which I disagreed with. As for Bashing I will stick with my EB4 as its a pretty solid platform. but I wanted to play with something a little more race ready like the Dnx or even the RC8. thank You Michael
Old 05-25-2012, 03:45 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the RC8.2, which is good.. I personally like the looks of the Sworkz! (Mugen parts)