Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

rims

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 07:06 PM
jk6672

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rims

I was told before that you don’t tape buggy tires like MT tires, and I didn’t.I never did ask about the rims, I have three sets of rims now (only one that has tires mounted) and the first two I got donthave the air holes in the rims, only two spots on the opposite sides that look like they are made to punch through if you prefer.Well, I didn’t punch the holes and I’m wondering if I should have done so.I wasn’t a very good tire gluer with the MT’s and that why I preferred bead locks, I guess, since every set I’ve glues seem to come apart.Now that I’m using a buggy I have no choice but to glue and I did what I thought I needed to do to properly glue them and it seems I failed (slightly roughen up rim surface to create a better bond, and using JC concepts wheel bands).Today two of my tires ballooned up and stayed that way and the only reason I can think this happened is that I have a small area that isn’t sealed with the superglue and no air hole.If I need to punch the air hole would acetone harm the tire inserts while soaking to removing the super glue?
Old 06-14-2012, 05:22 PM
nitroexpress

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rims

No need to take the tires off. Just drill two holes in the rim from the inside. The slight amount of possible foam damage won't matter.