Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hyper 7 found !!!

Ok first thing first .. This is my first post here very new to the site !!! Nice to mee everyone that helps me with my little issue .
    About two years ago my brother was at work and some guy told him to hold onto his hyper 7 for him . So he did and it sat in the back of our shop for about a year . So last year he gave it to me saying the guy never picked it up . I took it and now I'm looking to get back into rc cars again .

My problem is how can I tell how old this Hyper 7 is an what upgrades did he do to I . The Engine says Top Engine 3.5 on it ??? The inside of the car has graphite all over everything . Along with aluminum shock towers .
    It also have a futoba 3pj radio . Has any one heard of TOP EngiNEs ?? Also how can I tell how much it worth ...

Thanks guys

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Hyper 7 found !!!

ORIGINAL: SportybX

Ok first thing first .. This is my first post here very new to the site !!! Nice to mee everyone that helps me with my little issue .
    About two years ago my brother was at work and some guy told him to hold onto his hyper 7 for him . So he did and it sat in the back of our shop for about a year . So last year he gave it to me saying the guy never picked it up . I took it and now I'm looking to get back into rc cars again .

My problem is how can I tell how old this Hyper 7 is an what upgrades did he do to I . The Engine says Top Engine 3.5 on it ??? The inside of the car has graphite all over everything . Along with aluminum shock towers .
    It also have a futoba 3pj radio . Has any one heard of TOP EngiNEs ?? Also how can I tell how much it worth ...

Thanks guys

There were (and are) so many hyper 7 models made, it would be hard to tell much without pictures. Being an old model, probably only bashers and not racers would be interested. Still, for the casual user it would be fun. The Top engines are made by Novarossi and were good engines.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I added a few Photos of the Buggy . If anyone can give me some insight on it . Thanks it would help ...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I added a few Photos of the Buggy . If anyone can give me some insight on it . Thanks it would help ...
    Where did you add them? We can not see them.
    Click post reply and then at the bottom "Click here to upload images and files", or use a image hosting site like PhotoBucket.
    When I die, I want to go in my sleep like my grandfather,not screaming
    like the passengers in his car at the time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yw67993.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	175.7 KB 
ID:	1791914   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ay74144.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	166.3 KB 
ID:	1791915   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fa85274.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	1791916  

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's a great car to come across for free. As mentioned the Top range of engines are made by novarossi, a famous and excellent italian racing engine maker, it will be a good engine.

Your car looks like a Hyper 7 PCR to me, as it has c-hub suspension geometry as opposed to the PBS type, could be a TQ though. Even with the carbon fiber, it's not worth much. Consider that a brand new Hyper 7 is only 300 bucks. Your engine and the upgrades would push the value of yours to perhaps 250, maybe 300 bucks.
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Foxy

That's a great car to come across for free. As mentioned the Top range of engines are made by novarossi, a famous and excellent italian racing engine maker, it will be a good engine.

Your car looks like a Hyper 7 PCR to me, as it has c-hub suspension geometry as opposed to the PBS type, could be a TQ though. Even with the carbon fiber, it's not worth much. Consider that a brand new Hyper 7 is only 300 bucks. Your engine and the upgrades would push the value of yours to perhaps 250, maybe 300 bucks.

Thanks for all te input !! I think I'm going to get it running and have some fun with it . I wanted to get a stadium truck but I think I'll hold onto the hyper 7 and see how it runs . Quick question do you know if it's possible to get a pull start for that type of engine ??

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You would be much better off with a starter box. Pullstarters represent two additional points of failure, it would be a shame to put a pullstart on that engine. The car overall will perform very well I expect. I don't know what you're used to back when you used to RC, but if that car is as good as it should be judging by the pics, then you are in for a very pleasant surprise.
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Foxy

You would be much better off with a starter box. Pullstarters represent two additional points of failure, it would be a shame to put a pullstart on that engine. The car overall will perform very well I expect. I don't know what you're used to back when you used to RC, but if that car is as good as it should be judging by the pics, then you are in for a very pleasant surprise.
    Yea I was just talking to my brother who just got back into it and bought a jato ?

I think I'm going to buy why I need to buy to get I going .. Thanks for all the input again !!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I use to run HPI stadium trucks back in the day . I never had anything but HPI so OFna is all new to me

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I use to run HPI stadium trucks back in the day . I never had anything but HPI so OFna is all new to me
    The buggy you have will be a major step up from a stadium truck. Have fun.