Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Hyper 7 found !!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 06:58 AM
SportybX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper 7 found !!!

Ok first thing first .. This is my first post here very new to the site !!! Nice to mee everyone that helps me with my little issue .
About two years ago my brother was at work and some guy told him to hold onto his hyper 7 for him . So he did and it sat in the back of our shop for about a year . So last year he gave it to me saying the guy never picked it up . I took it and now I'm looking to get back into rc cars again .

My problem is how can I tell how old this Hyper 7 is an what upgrades did he do to I . The Engine says Top Engine 3.5 on it ??? The inside of the car has graphite all over everything . Along with aluminum shock towers .
It also have a futoba 3pj radio . Has any one heard of TOP EngiNEs ?? Also how can I tell how much it worth ...

Thanks guys

Old 08-14-2012, 07:27 AM
nitroexpress

Default RE: Hyper 7 found !!!

ORIGINAL: SportybX

Ok first thing first .. This is my first post here very new to the site !!! Nice to mee everyone that helps me with my little issue .
About two years ago my brother was at work and some guy told him to hold onto his hyper 7 for him . So he did and it sat in the back of our shop for about a year . So last year he gave it to me saying the guy never picked it up . I took it and now I'm looking to get back into rc cars again .

My problem is how can I tell how old this Hyper 7 is an what upgrades did he do to I . The Engine says Top Engine 3.5 on it ??? The inside of the car has graphite all over everything . Along with aluminum shock towers .
It also have a futoba 3pj radio . Has any one heard of TOP EngiNEs ?? Also how can I tell how much it worth ...

Thanks guys

There were (and are) so many hyper 7 models made, it would be hard to tell much without pictures. Being an old model, probably only bashers and not racers would be interested. Still, for the casual user it would be fun. The Top engines are made by Novarossi and were good engines.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:42 AM
SportybX

I added a few Photos of the Buggy . If anyone can give me some insight on it . Thanks it would help ...
Old 08-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Anthoop

I added a few Photos of the Buggy . If anyone can give me some insight on it . Thanks it would help ...
Where did you add them? We can not see them.
Click post reply and then at the bottom "Click here to upload images and files", or use a image hosting site like PhotoBucket.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:05 AM
SportybX

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67993.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	1791914   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74144.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	1791915   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85274.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	1791916  
Old 08-14-2012, 11:11 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a great car to come across for free. As mentioned the Top range of engines are made by novarossi, a famous and excellent italian racing engine maker, it will be a good engine.

Your car looks like a Hyper 7 PCR to me, as it has c-hub suspension geometry as opposed to the PBS type, could be a TQ though. Even with the carbon fiber, it's not worth much. Consider that a brand new Hyper 7 is only 300 bucks. Your engine and the upgrades would push the value of yours to perhaps 250, maybe 300 bucks.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:15 PM
SportybX

ORIGINAL: Foxy

That's a great car to come across for free. As mentioned the Top range of engines are made by novarossi, a famous and excellent italian racing engine maker, it will be a good engine.

Your car looks like a Hyper 7 PCR to me, as it has c-hub suspension geometry as opposed to the PBS type, could be a TQ though. Even with the carbon fiber, it's not worth much. Consider that a brand new Hyper 7 is only 300 bucks. Your engine and the upgrades would push the value of yours to perhaps 250, maybe 300 bucks.

Thanks for all te input !! I think I'm going to get it running and have some fun with it . I wanted to get a stadium truck but I think I'll hold onto the hyper 7 and see how it runs . Quick question do you know if it's possible to get a pull start for that type of engine ??

Old 08-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You would be much better off with a starter box. Pullstarters represent two additional points of failure, it would be a shame to put a pullstart on that engine. The car overall will perform very well I expect. I don't know what you're used to back when you used to RC, but if that car is as good as it should be judging by the pics, then you are in for a very pleasant surprise.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:06 PM
SportybX

ORIGINAL: Foxy

You would be much better off with a starter box. Pullstarters represent two additional points of failure, it would be a shame to put a pullstart on that engine. The car overall will perform very well I expect. I don't know what you're used to back when you used to RC, but if that car is as good as it should be judging by the pics, then you are in for a very pleasant surprise.
Yea I was just talking to my brother who just got back into it and bought a jato ?

I think I'm going to buy why I need to buy to get I going .. Thanks for all the input again !!

Old 08-14-2012, 01:08 PM
SportybX

I use to run HPI stadium trucks back in the day . I never had anything but HPI so OFna is all new to me
Old 08-14-2012, 02:10 PM
nitroexpress

I use to run HPI stadium trucks back in the day . I never had anything but HPI so OFna is all new to me
The buggy you have will be a major step up from a stadium truck. Have fun.