Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

OFNA LX2 converted to on road ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 11:38 AM
tyhatts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFNA LX2 converted to on road ?

Hey everyone

I bought a pile of stuff of a guy yesterday and he said this vehicle was a Ofna LX2 buggy at some point that has been converted to an on road car.

Ill just post some pics of it, and let them do the talking.

I would like to convert it back to a buggy if possible... or I will just sell it as a roller.

What would be needed to convert it back ? Shock towers, front shocks, ?
Old 11-13-2012, 05:56 PM
nitroexpress

Default RE: OFNA LX2 converted to on road ?

ORIGINAL: tyhatts

Hey everyone

I bought a pile of stuff of a guy yesterday and he said this vehicle was a Ofna LX2 buggy at some point that has been converted to an on road car.

Ill just post some pics of it, and let them do the talking.

I would like to convert it back to a buggy if possible... or I will just sell it as a roller.

What would be needed to convert it back ? Shock towers, front shocks, ?
You sure it's a LX2? Not so sure that LX2 ever had a pillow ball front end.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:52 AM
johndavis

that is not a lx 1 or lx 2 it looks like a frankenstined hyper.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:17 AM
losi motor man

Lookis like an Lx1 I only run Ofna and have or have had almost every buggy they sell.

All you need is shocks, shock towers and original body mounts. I think you would be set.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:27 AM
tyhatts

Thanks for the info..... I made a rookie mistake with this package and got screwed I think. It came with a 454 motor in peices that I "only needed a crank" to fix. Well... turns out I need a carb, Crank, and I think the sleeve is the wrong sleeve because it will not go in the block. 

This car Im not to worried about, as long as I can turn it back into some kind of buggy... Or if I can leave it and make it a rally car ?  

Old 11-14-2012, 06:04 AM
losi motor man

ORIGINAL: tyhatts

Thanks for the info..... I made a rookie mistake with this package and got screwed I think. It came with a 454 motor in peices that I ''only needed a crank'' to fix. Well... turns out I need a carb, Crank, and I think the sleeve is the wrong sleeve because it will not go in the block.

This car Im not to worried about, as long as I can turn it back into some kind of buggy... Or if I can leave it and make it a rally car ?

Let's figure out what you wanna do with it first. Then I can tell you and point you in the correct direction to push you along the way.

Sounds like you did get a little screwed with the motor on that one. Carb is gonna cost you a few bucks more than you want it to. The sleeve the same thing. The piston again more money. To save a little bit of money you may wantto check ebay they have engin parts. Good luck with that. If it were me I would set the 454 aside and buy a used or new buggy engine from some one or some place. So worriying about switching it back to a buggy is the least of your worries.

If you need help feel free to contact me here or via personal E-mail. [email protected]