Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Problems with new Ofna LX2E, advice needed

Just got a new rtr version of the Ofna lx2e. I was under the impression that the speed controller that came with it was somewhat programable. At least the manual says it is, and theres a programing button on it. Following the instructions carefully, i cant get the thing to act like the instructions describe. Id like to adjust braking, reverse, and battery type like the book says i can. I called ofna this morning and they said its a generic manual and even though theres a programing button on the controller its a plug and play, no adjustment available. I say BS, but im stuck with it. Im in the market for a new speed controller that will not only handle the factory motor that came with the car but also an upgraded motor for a future upgrade. Im kicking myself in the ass for buying rtr version. I knew better. Any advice on a fairly low budget controller and possible a low budget motor?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Problems with new Ofna LX2E, advice needed

Where did you buy it from? If the selling location advertises a programable ESC and it's not coming with one, then that's false advertisement.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Got it from Tower Hobbies. It did say much about the speed control on their website. The programming features were in the online manual from ofna.com. Id send it back, but i think it might be cheaper to just spend the extra money on a new controller. I guess it all depends on how long the motor in the rtr version lasts. This is actually my wifes car, ive got the nitro version.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hobby wing sc8 is what a couple of friends have got low cost and programible.