Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OFNA LX2 converted to on road ?

Hey everyone

I bought a pile of stuff of a guy yesterday and he said this vehicle was a Ofna LX2 buggy at some point that has been converted to an on road car.

Ill just post some pics of it, and let them do the talking.

I would like to convert it back to a buggy if possible... or I will just sell it as a roller.

What would be needed to convert it back ? Shock towers, front shocks, ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: OFNA LX2 converted to on road ?

ORIGINAL: tyhatts

Hey everyone

I bought a pile of stuff of a guy yesterday and he said this vehicle was a Ofna LX2 buggy at some point that has been converted to an on road car.

Ill just post some pics of it, and let them do the talking.

I would like to convert it back to a buggy if possible... or I will just sell it as a roller.

What would be needed to convert it back ? Shock towers, front shocks, ?
    You sure it's a LX2? Not so sure that LX2 ever had a pillow ball front end.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

that is not a lx 1 or lx 2 it looks like a frankenstined hyper.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lookis like an Lx1 I only run Ofna and have or have had almost every buggy they sell.

All you need is shocks, shock towers and original body mounts. I think you would be set.
    Losi Motor Man
    ( Nookster11234@hotmail.com )

The key to winning is in the hands of the person who just passed you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the info..... I made a rookie mistake with this package and got screwed I think. It came with a 454 motor in peices that I "only needed a crank" to fix. Well... turns out I need a carb, Crank, and I think the sleeve is the wrong sleeve because it will not go in the block. 

This car Im not to worried about, as long as I can turn it back into some kind of buggy... Or if I can leave it and make it a rally car ?  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tyhatts

Thanks for the info..... I made a rookie mistake with this package and got screwed I think. It came with a 454 motor in peices that I ''only needed a crank'' to fix. Well... turns out I need a carb, Crank, and I think the sleeve is the wrong sleeve because it will not go in the block.*

This car Im not to worried about, as long as I can turn it back into some kind of buggy... Or if I can leave it and make it a rally car ? *

Let's figure out what you wanna do with it first. Then I can tell you and point you in the correct direction to push you along the way.

Sounds like you did get a little screwed with the motor on that one. Carb is gonna cost you a few bucks more than you want it to. The sleeve the same thing. The piston again more money. To save a little bit of money you may wantto check ebay they have engin parts. Good luck with that. If it were me I would set the 454 aside and buy a used or new buggy engine from some one or some place. So worriying about switching it back to a buggy is the least of your worries.

If you need help feel free to contact me here or via personal E-mail. techtom44004@gmail.com
    Losi Motor Man
    ( Nookster11234@hotmail.com )

The key to winning is in the hands of the person who just passed you.