Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

looking for a new engine for this years racing

looking for an engine for my hyper 7 to keep up with the guys at the track where im racingthis summer before i get a race bred buggy lol. ive been told losi 350's are decent but maybe not for the hyper because of the little bit more weight, please leave your suggestions all is appreciated! thanks in advanced

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: looking for a new engine for this years racing

ORIGINAL: motoxic2

looking for an engine for my hyper 7 to keep up with the guys at the track where im racingthis summer before i get a race bred buggy lol. ive been told losi 350's are decent but maybe not for the hyper because of the little bit more weight, please leave your suggestions all is appreciated! thanks in advanced
    I doubt thatthe Losi will keep up with the serious racers, but the priceis right. The stock MacStar .28 is really a bit of a slug, so the Losi would be a step up. But really, unless your engine is worn out,no need to go wild when you're getting the hang of things.

Around $200 is probably the price of a decent, good, but not super max engine.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I personally would not invest in a new engine. If the guys at your track are running MP9's, 8.2's, MBX's etc. you are wasting money. I love the Hyper 7. In fact it is my first true love in "the hobby", but I would save the money you are going to spend on a new engine, and just run the Hyper 7 as it is (you're gonna be out-gunned either way).  Then, when you are ready to buy a pure race car, you'll have that much more to spend. Just some food for thought. Besides, the Hyper 7 has a .28 engine, and it will crank out some RPM. You would not notice a tangible difference going with the 350. I hope this helps some.  

Mugen MBX6R, HB D8T, Losi 8 2.0, Savage X 4.6, Losi 810, Hyper 7, Exceed Forza
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NitroRCNerds

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Im not just getting the hang of things i race e truggy indoor and go to the outdoor track to run quite alot of nitros, i just got this hyper in need of some rejuvination if theres an engine you think will put it up there with my buddies for 200 then let me know, thanks for your replies guys

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Johnp2 thanks for the advice might be better to sell the 7 and use the money i would use for the engine for a serious buggy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

As noted, it really depends on what your friends are driving. Nothing in the world wrong with rocking the Hyper 7 around the track, but if you are looking to be seriously competetive, I'd suggest getting an entry-level racer like the HB D8 or Losi 8ight 2.0 (which has the 350).

If it were me....I'd bash the hell out of the Hyper 7as is (on and off the track), hone your1/8 nitro driving skills,and then by summer time hopefully you've saved enough cash for an upgrade. You'll probably take a lot of spankings at the track, but when you walk on with your first racer you can tell them it's no fun when the rabbit finally has a gun. ;-)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Like said, get your skills up with driving unless cash is not a problem, the get a race breed with a good engine of your choice.
    ((((((((MARSHALL!!!!)))))))

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Werks B2 or B5 with a 2058 or 2013....

Amain has some deals on Go's (good, IMO) and Nvisions (not sure..) at the moment..

Whenever anybody asks "what buggy engine to get?", I feel like the best advice is to just browse Amain, and see what fits your budget, what has good feedback, etc.. They have almost everything - the big exception being Alpha - which value-for-money IMO are some of the best engines going.. (basing that on German prices anyway..)

Nitro > stamp collecting, watching grass grow, cleaning room, etc.. > electric.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for your feedback guys! im gonna sell the hyper or throw it in the corner and get an 8.2 or x3 sabre or d8 roller, what do you guys think about the x3 sabre i have not actually ever seen one run but looks like a decent car comming stock with bigbores and other alluminum race goodies, feedback about any of these greatfully appreciated

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Please don't throw the Hyper 7 "in the corner".

A Hyper 7 is a terrible thing to waste.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

practice buggy man!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i run a dynomite .21 in a ofna lx 1 and do well with it. my lx1 had the force .28 in it when i got it but when i went with the dynamite .21 it helped a lot with speed and fuel economy. i get10 min run time vs 6 min with the .28. as far as power the .21 did better and is more controllable as far as run time my .21 does better than most of the high end motors i run against.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The X3 is meant to be quite good.

Once you get up into that level though, I personally would just get a Mugen.
    Nitro > stamp collecting, watching grass grow, cleaning room, etc.. > electric.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yo man i got an lx1 comp what a solid piece, i think i like it better than my hyper, better steering design imo. and thanks for the advice man mugens arent real popular around me never seen parts for them in any of the shops but thanks for the feed back i will check them out aswell